Security Installer Community

Rj45 Port Protector

whistle

We fitted an additional camera to an IP system on Friday in a school.

The network guys put the point in for us, the problem is its accessible by the students if they stand on a chair.

It can't go any higher due to the roof hight where the camera needs to go. So I have 2 options remove the network point and refit inside a Gwis box or get some kind of clamp to stop the RG45 being pulled out of the socket.

I am sure I have seen something in the past uses the screws either side of the back box to go over the plug to hold it in place. It may have been on a phone socket but there must be something like this for network points.

I have looked on EBay with no joy as I have no idea what they are called.

Any offers

cheers chaps.

Ask Jim where they get the little plastic things that come with webway from?

Only a few p surely and will fit 2 gang, 4 gang, and straight into any hub....

So, I've decided to take my work back underground.... to stop it falling into the wrong hands

iirc ADI Gardiner sell a range of tamper protected network sockets, personally i use the lid of a plastic adapbtable box, screw it over the top using hex or tox drive screws.

If you think education is difficult, try being stupid!!!!

Just trim the release clip

That works well but I expect kids would just keep pulling til something breaks :lol:

If its got something more physical visible they probably won't bother, I would stick it in an IP box with a gland, might look **** but will be quite well protected

Hey Ho, Lets Go

Your right that our little slide on connector should do the job fine.

If one of our IP/GPRS units were monitoring the site it could also monitor the IP address of the Camera/DVR whatever and send a SIA message if it goes off line.

But anyway...the connector should at least make it difficult for them to simply remove.

Jim Carter

WebWayOne Ltd

www.webwayone.co.uk

No, not just the Imaging, this is IP Address monitoring.

Yes, supports unto 14 (infact it may be 16, but play safe with 14 for now). Basically the unit is pinging the local device IP, you can configure the frequency the SPT will ping the device, the number of failed pings that constitute a failure to communicate and the number of pings that will initiate a restore.

In addition you can assign a zone to each device and a SIA code (IA/IR Equipment Fail is favourite) with appropriate text, such as DVR 1 Fail/Restore etc.

Its very effective.

And you can buy the RJ connectors from us, we have the design of them...they are our product.

Jim Carter

WebWayOne Ltd

www.webwayone.co.uk

Very interesting y'all.

I will definately have to come and say hello at Webway Towers and bring my axis demo case to have a play with that feature as

well as the imaging...

And the pins monitoring. I'm the sort of person that really does like to spend a few minutes (or hours)

with the people who made something and then I'm a lot happier deploying it.

Lets hope I'm putting in a few more units soon with all the promo stuff I'm working on as we speak.

( Webway office >>>  :sofa1: )

So, I've decided to take my work back underground.... to stop it falling into the wrong hands

You're welcome anytime....just give us a call and we will arrange.

Jim Carter

WebWayOne Ltd

www.webwayone.co.uk

Archived