Security Installer Community

Should I Use Magnetic Contacts?

JonP

But without the contacts you can set with doors wide open....

yes you can and that makes life easier for the users, not many want to check all the doors before nipping up the shops for some milk or grab the kids. they either risk it or don't set the system. Get to shops, bump into a mate go for a coffee, talk about new curtains, now time to collect the kids - before they know they are out most the day - with the house left not protected.

During the handover, the user is always told the doors should be firmly closed if only for fire spread reduction. For alarm operation purpose, their choice, they could remain open as long as they are held by a block, and windows in those rooms are closed to reduce draughts.

If you think education is difficult, try being stupid!!!!

A door ajar will often allow the alarm to arm.

really?

before they know they are out most the day - with the house left not protected.

not if they listen for the alarm setting.

Nothing is foolproof to a sufficiently talented fool.

really? not if they listen for the alarm setting.

yes REALLY! try it, door contact (depending how fitted) has enough tollarance especially surface types to 'make' with out the lock toungue being engageged.

why would they ever listen for a bleep to stop - when not setting their alarm system because they can't be asked to shut all the doors just for a 'short' absence?

I suspect contacts & the being able to hear the alarm setting from outside the protected premises are not thing to worry Arf

did you two actually read my post - the bit about nipping down the shops and NOT setting their systems?

If you think education is difficult, try being stupid!!!!

You do know they don't go on the hinged side don't you?

did you two actually read my post - the bit about nipping down the shops and NOT setting their systems?

if the system sets reliably each and every time they would set each and every time. Nothing more you can do imo.

Nothing is foolproof to a sufficiently talented fool.

Archived