Security Installer Community

Replacement Alarm / Sab

Rekusu

Your right Yale alarms do have their place, the bin . . .

I'm not quite sure I get their strategy with the new Easyfit alarms. They've added rolling code but it's still unidirectional. I guess it's all marketing buzz words, but in the real world, I'd place bidirectional comms a lot higher than rolling code.

I have a blog, some of which is about alarm security and reverse engineering:
http://cybergibbons.com/

I'm not quite sure I get their strategy with the new Easyfit alarms. They've added rolling code but it's still unidirectional. I guess it's all marketing buzz words, but in the real world, I'd place bidirectional comms a lot higher than rolling code.

I suppose its built to a price to be fair. One of my neighbours was hanging out of their window fitting one of those response wireless excuses for an alarm. Made me cringe.

www.securitywarehouse.co.uk/catalog/

I bought a Reponse SL2 because they (Response support) told me it was rolling code. Turns out it wasn't. There's some really quite odd choices they have made in the design. It uses a decent RF frontend that isn't cheap, but barely uses it.

At least it doesn't send the pin in the clear between the pad and siren.

I powered down a Yale the other week, little switch in the SAB to turn if off,"controls" just hang on little bracket, ideal for burglar to drown it in the sink ?

I find all that tat offensive. I was in b&q the other night with people buying them and I found it hard not to recommend buying a dog if that's all the could afford.

I powered down a Yale the other week, little switch in the SAB to turn if off,

"controls" just hang on little bracket, ideal for burglar to drown it in the sink ?

I don't recall which cheap alarm it is as I take them out of the case, but on one of them the tamper switch is between the panel and bracket, not panel and wall.

So you rip the whole thing off the wall and the tamper doesn't sound.

I don't recall which cheap alarm it is as I take them out of the case, but on one of them the tamper switch is between the panel and bracket, not panel and wall.

So you rip the whole thing off the wall and the tamper doesn't sound.

Even if it did, what would the terrifying response be. A little squeak from the ever so powerful sounders?

Funny enough........not allowed there either for the same reasons as you.

Ahh posted between (meant Lwillis)

Yeah sounds about right. I used to get pissed off with what some people wrote. Learnt to be a bit calmer now tho.

It's when they give the public infomation, codes and engineer manuals including defaulting instructions that I get really wound up.

Archived