Security Installer Community

Because they can be  a real pain in the a**e.

Every job is a 'special' job and 'special' prices demanded and big jobs always sprung on them at last minute with installer then moaning about stock levels - whilst not once considering the Manufacturer relies on forecasting to get optimum stock levels right. and on it goes.

I can see that being difficult. I know it sounds a bit thick now you have said the above but UTC ask for 3 months of predicted sales on the stuff we buy and I presumed it was just to see how much cash was in the bag before the month started. Never considered stock levels. Quite often they ship from their european distribution centre as they don't have UK stock of product which usually means 3-5 days shipping but we hold a fair amount of stock as we had to sign a thing on our direct account that basically said we shouldn't expect to have items on the shelf and to not whinge if we had to wait a while for stuff. If we needed that we had to buy through distribution. To be fair to them we haven't had stock issues but kept stuff on the shelf just in case.

whats the point mentioning the enforcer and the prem in the same post? two totally different products.

look at the front of a prem keypad, horrible, hundreds of buttons.

Really? I think Texecom have some of the most cute keypads of anyone. Nothing beats the asthetic RAS of course. :proud:

post-43585-0-20939300-1362602555_thumb.j

www.securitywarehouse.co.uk/catalog/

whats the point mentioning the enforcer and the prem in the same post? two totally different products.

look at the front of a prem keypad, horrible, hundreds of buttons.

Not when its flap is closed ;)

And I can beat the press 'C', just press chime.

I've looked at both a while back, the prem is a better panel all in all IMO. Pyronix will pull castle to bits over time and then it will lose its only edge.

I can see that being difficult. I know it sounds a bit thick now you have said the above but UTC ask for 3 months of predicted sales on the stuff we buy and I presumed it was just to see how much cash was in the bag before the month started. Never considered stock levels. Quite often they ship from their european distribution centre as they don't have UK stock of product which usually means 3-5 days shipping but we hold a fair amount of stock as we had to sign a thing on our direct account that basically said we shouldn't expect to have items on the shelf and to not whinge if we had to wait a while for stuff. If we needed that we had to buy through distribution. To be fair to them we haven't had stock issues but kept stuff on the shelf just in case.

Really? I think Texecom have some of the most cute keypads of anyone. Nothing beats the asthetic RAS of course. :proud:

god that is ugly, what do all those buttons do (and how do you post pictures on this board?)

side note. Is enabling or disabling chime a level 2 user function in the regs?

(and how do you post pictures on this board?)

dont use quick reply, use the full reply option and upload them there.

securitywarehouse Security Supplies from Security Warehouse

Trade Members please contact us for your TSI vetted trade discount.

god that is ugly, what do all those buttons do (and how do you post pictures on this board?)

control the aircon ?

Also lets not forget theat castle ripped off the texecom plus keypads and the deltabell  (before the light) was a risco nova 6 rip off, same guy moved to Pyronix if I recall correctly.

I'd say the oddy was "inspired" by gardtec's product

Mr th2.jpg Veritas God

When posting click on more relpy options and you can do it there.

Menus, areas, scroll keys, usual 0-9 etc etc. You can do a lot with it but we just leave the flap up and get the users to use a fob as it's far too complicated to use. The only time they need the keys is to press 0 or 2 to acknowledge alerts.

www.securitywarehouse.co.uk/catalog/

Archived