Security Installer Community

the Castle kit does everything we need, well put together, easy to use and the UDL works well. Think of the best bits from all the other manfs in one box with non of the stuff you wont ever use.

Jeff seems to like them.

what did you think..

I was incredably impressed. It was the first time I had ever seen a manufactuers side of things. At the time they were doing PIR's and R8's and they had this little robot pressing on the keys to check they worked.

I quite like Texecom tbh, the only reason we don't buy it is because of it's wide availablity. Thats why we chose UTC and to a degree Chirons stuff because it is hard to be supported anywhere else but dealing with UTC is hard work at best.

I finally got some protocols I asked for 18 months ago the other day because the setup of the company is so difficult to get anything done. Took me nearly a year to get my direct account despite the fact we had dealt with UTC (MAS) for over 5 years. We don't have any Texecom protcols but from what others tell me they were easy to get and it was more days than years.

I'd have like to have seen how they do the bell boxs as never seen plastics made up either.

www.securitywarehouse.co.uk/catalog/

Jeff seems to like them.

stupid things like you can select which device decides that you`ve left the house or gone to bed for auto part set rather than having to wait to see the door close

even better the small panel works opposite - it assumes your going to bed so stays quite

to turn chime off you press the C button, thats it, no menu

described it to someone recently as a very grown up panel.

I`lltake you for a factory tour if you want - will be there 21st March

If it wasn't exactly 190 miles away by car I'd take you up on that. Assuming it wasn't an offer for 3am BYO bolt cutters 'tour'...

So, I've decided to take my work back underground.... to stop it falling into the wrong hands

the Castle kit does everything we need, well put together, easy to use and the UDL works well. Think of the best bits from all the other manfs in one box with non of the stuff you wont ever use.

not sure about that, the enforcer is tat, we use it every now and then but its sh!te. The prem is one of the better standard panels, just too 'available'.

Manufacturers don't seem to be a raving fan of direct accounts for some reason. UTC appointed Norbain as their UK distributor and are very funny over direct accounts. If you don't hit pretty steep spending levels you get binned and sent to Norbain.

Because they can be  a real pain in the a**e.

Every job is a 'special' job and 'special' prices demanded and big jobs always sprung on them at last minute with installer then moaning about stock levels - whilst not once considering the Manufacturer relies on forecasting to get optimum stock levels right. and on it goes.

not sure about that, the enforcer is tat, we use it every now and then but its sh!te. The prem is one of the better standard panels, just to 'available'.

whats the point mentioning the enforcer and the prem in the same post? two totally different products.

look at the front of a prem keypad, horrible, hundreds of buttons.

Archived