Security Installer Community

Risco Agility

timmo66

Just for clarification guys my title at Texecom is Product Manager, however it is a multi disciplined role as i work with all departments in our business, but close links with R&D, Technical to make sure anything new meets the requirements of the installers, end users and standards.

The mesh project was already live when i joined, and there are far more intelligent people than me who were involved in the concept and design, myself and the tech guys just had to make sure it " does what it says on the tin".

And yes whilst i am also chairman of the SEMS section at BSIA, and a Director, i also represent the UK at CENELEC on the WG11 wireless standard, and WG2 for detector standards.

Keeps me out of mischief.

amealing@texe.com

Head of Industry Affairs

Visit Our Website
Texecom

If it meets the standards and our inspector is happy then I'm happy.

Agreed, but as a minimum.

For us wired systems are dead in the water, we no longer specify them for G2 domestics, unless the place is pre-wired.

Wirefree may have its issues but there's no doubt its the future for the domestic market. Installers just have to adapt and learn.

We measure and log the background noise and every transmitter RSSI on every install and every PMV, and manage the batteries on the DB same as you would for a 7.0ah batt in a wired panel. This way I believe we provide a service which is on a par with what it would be if we were installing wired, but the benefit for us is obviously only needing to do half the work at install.

Originally said by Charles Babbage
On two occasions I have been asked [by members of Parliament], 'Pray, Mr. Babbage, if you put into the machine wrong figures, will the right answers come out?' I am not able rightly to apprehend the kind of confusion of ideas that could provoke such a question.

but sounds like twice the work on service?

Possibly a bit longer, but thats not a bad thing.

Originally said by Charles Babbage
On two occasions I have been asked [by members of Parliament], 'Pray, Mr. Babbage, if you put into the machine wrong figures, will the right answers come out?' I am not able rightly to apprehend the kind of confusion of ideas that could provoke such a question.

Surely that's a given anyway? It's only the same as resistance and battery current in alarm tests that you would carry out with a wired system.

no it's not, you have to open every single wireless detector and remove the batt to test it.

Archived