Security Installer Community

Risco Agility

timmo66

no it's not, you have to open every single wireless detector and remove the batt to test it.

to test what? we don't do this and I see no sense in doing so. Its more like two walk tests. On small jobs we walk test everything and then do the noise(on risco) and signal strength. On large jobs 20 + wireless we test signal strength at the weakest points. All the decent kit reports everything anyway, so we are already a little OTT in my book.

Again it comes down to experience with the kit, like anything, the more you use it the more you know. 

For 90% of this we are talking about domestics and the risk low. We have one Risco 1 way install on a commercial (3-4 years old), in future we would only use texecom if wireless was required on a commercial.

to test what? 

no idea, i'm just quoting what richl does..  hang on, just re-read and think i misread it orignally, i thought he said he checks every battery just like a 7a/h every maint!  my bad.

To clarify, we have a procedure for lithium batts. All are marked with their install date and are changed during the PMV according to system type and transmitter type - door MC on a risco system get changed every year, PIRs every two years etc. ATM we are working on changing batts on Enforcers every 2 years (our early enforcers are now over one year old and panel results showed them to be fine on the PMVs).

This way we have not had a call out to a flat batt sig for several years (without checking the DB, but I'm sure that's correct).

We dont remove and test every batt on every PMV but we do test and record all transmitter RSSI, to compare against previous logged results.

Originally said by Charles Babbage
On two occasions I have been asked [by members of Parliament], 'Pray, Mr. Babbage, if you put into the machine wrong figures, will the right answers come out?' I am not able rightly to apprehend the kind of confusion of ideas that could provoke such a question.

Hi Adrian,

I'd be grateful for a few words from you about what we have been talking about in this thread, or if you know how to find your previous thread about the same subject.

Hi Timmo,

anything specific, or my opinion on one way, two way, mesh etc....?

amealing@texe.com

Head of Industry Affairs

Visit Our Website
Texecom

To clarify, we have a procedure for lithium batts. All are marked with their install date and are changed during the PMV according to system type and transmitter type - door MC on a risco system get changed every year, PIRs every two years etc. ATM we are working on changing batts on Enforcers every 2 years (our early enforcers are now over one year old and panel results showed them to be fine on the PMVs).

This way we have not had a call out to a flat batt sig for several years (without checking the DB, but I'm sure that's correct).

We dont remove and test every batt on every PMV but we do test and record all transmitter RSSI, to compare against previous logged results.

Never had an issue with the Risco door contact bats lasting 2 years +.

Never had an issue with the Risco door contact bats lasting 2 years +.

We've had a few but not many, on busy EE doors. Not so much an issue with 2 way obviously.

Originally said by Charles Babbage
On two occasions I have been asked [by members of Parliament], 'Pray, Mr. Babbage, if you put into the machine wrong figures, will the right answers come out?' I am not able rightly to apprehend the kind of confusion of ideas that could provoke such a question.

• 6 months later...

Archived