Security Installer Community

Risco Agility

timmo66

the risco commission is rolling in? what did your scratchcard get you?

James, but the Agility keypads have pretty candy colours in the lcd's - well actually, they are overall prettier than your sweetie 'Galfreind' fanzine kit ;).

If you think education is difficult, try being stupid!!!!

So what's the general opinion on using the 1 way detectors with the agility? As this is what I will be doing on Monday.

been real busy, why my comment is late.

2 way no argument are more secure, as always risk assessment should dictate where you might save some money or have smaller detectors. I compare it this way, in a wired 2 up 3 down would you use top of the range Optec dual-tecs over decent Risco quads?

Lot of fuss is made, yet remove the lid you get a tamper, the detector poles the panel, panel misses x amount of poles it shouts up a lost detector fault, in reality high risk house commercial, how often anyone seen a sophisticated pre-emtive attempt?

as long as you check you rssi noise levels and set the panel a little above it, i have not had an issue tbh.

Wisdom remind me of the Infinite, and I NEVER want to see one of those EVER again! It'll only be a matter of time before wireless takes the majority share of the market, but at the minute the price tag dictates otherwise I think.

How are you finding the LightSYS system and what are its advantages over Risco's other wireless/hybrid systems?

I dont understand why Risco have all these systems available. As far as I understand the Agility and Wisdom are pretty much the same price and they have the same device capacity etc etc

Just my opinion, Risco offer the wisdom as an all in one box option, instead of remote keypad. I have used about 20 been as good as gold, but if your going wireless in the first place, then why a wired bell? and i think the Agility as scored well in that respect.

means you have to get the ladders off more often though :).

I know what your saying. Question is why do risco sell the 1 way detector in their agility kits?

makes the kits cheaper in a bundle, you can specify 2 way though and simply pay the extra.

just understand it, is all im saying. Problem is its a security system. The only time you will know there is a problem is if there is a break in and its not reported. Personally id rather not take that risk or any risk at all on things like that. As i said if everything works as intended then fine, but with the advent of LTe and other mobile phone improvements these may affect wireless systems. Id rather know straight away there is an issue not wait till i get the call at work that a system hasnt performed. Look at the facts and take your choice. Id be suprised if you still prefered 1 way over other technologies

surely James, the 1 way, if no activations poles in every (iirc) 58 minutes, miss 2 consecutive poles panel gets all ditsy, and signals it. Flat batteries also signalled

the situation for a 'miss' event very unlikely due to RFI (which is also detected) at the time of intrusion, and other detectors will still pick up,, can you expand on it?

I make the adjustments at the time of install with the surroundings.

Except major alterations of the house surroundings what could be a problem?

agreed, the Risco kit offers on board calibration, most times it reports very little activity to worry about but a nice feature to at least be able to test.

Seems more of an issue in higher density areas, or near phone masts, it is a way to overcome spurious RFi in higher noise area's.

As long as tested afterwards, like you have used it for several years no issues.

my view, if your going to loose sleep over it - fit wired ;).

edit to add,

i have had one case of a flat, cheap radio door bell push batterie cause false alarms. New battery installed, not heard from it since :).

Had a few issues then.

From the sounds of it.

Nothing out of the ordinary usual client mess-up's to be truthful, Clients don't read the user manuals (bit like most of us really - lol!) or the diplay, so the speech facility is really very useful to get info, and to decude if a call is actually needed.

The Risco range (not gardtec) after activation require the user to acknowledge the 'fault', this is done by the master user viewing 'faults' then changing the 'N' to 'Y'.

a bit daft as the normal user can't do this action, meaning the alarm is effectively out of action as it has to wait for a master user, so i just set up a macro on the '1' key, then the kids, cleaner or anyone can acknowledge it :).

hash key, it is an easy way to check the last problem, power outage, last activation etc. the fact it actually speaks the fault, you know accurately what the panel is liturally saying over the phone without the clients 'interpretations'.

5 posts this page is yours arf!!

Lol

just catching up matey ;)

Archived