Security Installer Community

Risco Agility

timmo66

just understand it, is all im saying. Problem is its a security system. The only time you will know there is a problem is if there is a break in and its not reported. Personally id rather not take that risk or any risk at all on things like that. As i said if everything works as intended then fine, but with the advent of LTe and other mobile phone improvements these may affect wireless systems. Id rather know straight away there is an issue not wait till i get the call at work that a system hasnt performed. Look at the facts and take your choice. Id be suprised if you still prefered 1 way over other technologies

securitywarehouse Security Supplies from Security Warehouse

Trade Members please contact us for your TSI vetted trade discount.

Had 2 issues with one way wireless in 5 years so don't worry about it. The system is grade 2 so fit to spec and all is ok.

The galaxy mob have had major issues with zone jamming recently so install your one way and done right it will be fine.

Make sure your zone receiver is10% above noise.

Folk on here don't like Gardtec/Risco but I see more problems with Honeywell starting to crop up.

Just fit it to the standards and you will be fine.

agree completely. We all have our preferences, and are biased to them. I do like to hear other peoples experiences with difference systems.

Yeah on all the systems Ive fitted Ive made sure the threshold is 10% above noise, and like I said, fingers crossed up until now.

If thats the case James I'd be fitting hardwired every day of the week. Wouldnt you? When we first started fitting the wireless systems I was a little reluctant to walk away from it with confidence like you can with a hardwired system.

true 2 way is like wired. you will know there is an issue as soon as it occurs. you wll not with 1 way.

if you can from a tech point of view convince me its an acceptable way of transmission?

Timmo, as you said it has worked for you and myself also so keep on fitting the same kit.

No need for fingers crossed on the Gardtec kit.

It works and just because it is Gardtec folk will not like it.

Each to their own IMO.

What issues James?

!

i dont agree alarm protect. imo with 1 way you do need fingers crossed. Im not critising gardtec or risco im criticising 1 way wireless as a tech. It was used years ago as that was the only choice. that is no longer the case. But i wonder why do gardtec/risco visonic etc now do 2 way if 1 way is so great? 

James do you mean if there is a problem RF wise? 2 way you know straight away, 1 way you have a 2 hour supervision time?

Just fit your panel on Monday timmo to spec and give the customer the certificate. Job done.

I will mate. Its my bosses job to worry about fitting 1 way or 2 way.

Archived