Security Installer Community

Risco Agility

timmo66

no.

With 1 way you know that at some point in the last x hours it has transmitted once. You dont know how many it has missed nor how often. You also dont know that it will be able to be recieved when an alarm occurs.

Think about it if you check the path every say 60 seconds (what we use is 20 seconds) then there is a high probability that the link is reliable. If you only checking every 2 hours then in a 24 hour period you know that 12% of the time the link was available. at every 60 seconds its infinetly higher. As i said take your choice. My position is that 1 way is poor.

with 1 way the detector transmits its heartbeat every so often and that is your peace of mind that all is ok. 2 way does the same usually at a much higher rate. But in the event of an alarm a 1 way detector will send a transmission at that time and that time only. It has no idea it has been recieved. If it has great. If it hasnt its lost.

with 2 way it will retry till it gets through.

As the world is becoming an increasingly more wireless place the chance of signals not getting through is increased. Id rather use a system that can deal with this issue than 1 that is blissfully unaware.

1 way is the old way. 2 way is a more modern way and mesh systems (if large enough) is the best option.

securitywarehouse Security Supplies from Security Warehouse

Trade Members please contact us for your TSI vetted trade discount.

Just fit to what the regs say.

There has been several issues come up with the Honeywell panel in the past month with jamming but as said if the Gardtec is set up with 10% above receiver noise then not a problem.

The problem is with galaxy you can't adjust the receiver....... Top end panel ? Well.......

!

Also the specifier is probably toltally unaware of any issues as they dont understand the tech. We refuse to use 1 way wireless for anything anymore. But also bear in mind not all 2 way systems are equal. IMO the honeywell one is a poor implimentation of 2 way. 

But i have no expreince of the risco 2 way to be able to comment on its performance

Just fit to what the regs say.
There has been several issues come up with the Honeywell panel in the past month with jamming but as said if the Gardtec is set up with 10% above receiver noise then not a problem.
The problem is with galaxy you can't adjust the receiver....... Top end panel ? Well.......

The g2 is not.

But do you know what your doing when you adjust the noise threshold, ie what it actually means?

ok, you are adjusting it to be at the current level. What happens tomorrow or next month etc? that noise level will change. But either way all your adhusting is the jam level. how can anyone possibly know what will happen. 

But either way i can see your happy with the way the tech works. 

Don`t you make any suggestions when you find out things that they may have missed?

Or just go Baaa?

Not meant as an insult.

:D  I do make suggestions but you dont know my boss

Sometimes Baaa is easier. I personally like to know more information for my own benefit, not for his.

I think Adrian covered this very well the last time this was raised.

He gave a very good explanation for some who are stuck in their opinions.

where might I find that post mate?

does this always happen?

someone asks for experiences, and it turns into a "my way is best" thread. I am relatively new to wireless tech, so I take on board every opinion. There doesn't seem to be a right or wrong way, othewise 1 way wireless would have been made obsolete when 2 way wireless was invented.

Okay so 1 way reports once and if it doesnt get there, tough cookie. 2 way keeps reporting until it gets there. But it might never get there, so it'll die trying. In the meantime we could just run a wire and be done with it.

Best is to search his name and then the posts he has made but it was about a month ago IIRC.

I agree with the "keep" stum argument at times, but sometimes you have to drag them screaming into the real world so to speak :D

Archived