Security Installer Community

Risco Agility

timmo66

Hi guys,

If you havent caught it, heres my introduction post http://www.thesecurityinstaller.co.uk/community/topic/33697-introduction/

Yesterday I was given an Agility system to put together and have a play with before I go to site on monday to fit (this in itself is a MAJOR breakthrough as normally with new systems we get given the box on the morning of the job and are told to "see how you get on with it"

For the last year we have been fitting the 490x hybrid panel with wireless detection in domestics. I find this system so easy to install and programme compared to the scantronic ion (the only other hybrid system I've fitted), and the usability for the customer is so much easier.

But for this upcoming job the customer wants NO WIRES WHATSOEVER. First impressions of the Agility are very positive. I found it very easy to allocate devices and work my way through the step by step programming structure. And once I figured out to press the reset button on the wireless sounders after releasing the tamper spring, I was well on my way (ouch - they are LOUD).

Anyway, the reason I am telling you all this is because I would like you to share your experiences with this system. Any problems that you might have come across while fitting, or any problems that the customer may have reported to you after putting the system into use.

And also, what are the differences between the agility and wisdom? and which one would you go for?

Wisdom remind me of the Infinite, and I NEVER want to see one of those EVER again! It'll only be a matter of time before wireless takes the majority share of the market, but at the minute the price tag dictates otherwise I think.

How are you finding the LightSYS system and what are its advantages over Risco's other wireless/hybrid systems?

I dont understand why Risco have all these systems available. As far as I understand the Agility and Wisdom are pretty much the same price and they have the same device capacity etc etc

Standard detectors are one way.

The lightsys looks a good panel and takes up to 32 zones wireless and works on a bus system so adding wired can be done easily.

Keypad looks good and the engineers keypad can plug into the panel or any expanders for programming.

Iv just got the panel and rkp wired up and programming is easy enough.

I want to use one panel for most of our work and on paper this looks good but I will wait a while to see if anyone has had problems.

Will post more info when I get time to have a play with it more.

!

Archived