Security Installer Community

Forget Diy I Need To Get A Pro In - But How?

RC944

in the interests of keeping this balanced i will tomorrow seek 3 quotes from ssaib reg firms and then take it from there!

of the three nsi locals i contacted today only 1 came back but for some reason ignored my request for the texecom wireless and rather sent me an indicative price for an enforcer set up....

is it quite normal for most installers to be 'tied' to a particular manu?

Its normal for them to have a preferred system . It makes it easier for engineers .

A a rule we only fit galaxy's on wired systems .

Don't see why they wouldn't quote for the texe if you've asked for it .

After all if they want your buisness they should want to install your choice . Personally I would have quoted for the enforcer and your preferred system for you to get a fair comparison between the two .

is it quite normal for most installers to be 'tied' to a particular manu?

most have preferred product which the staff are ideally trained to work with & the company admin software has databases of items to churn paperwork out... however some supply the items you spec/ what evers on offer at the wholesalers this week

Mr th2.jpg Veritas God

most have preferred product which the staff are ideally trained to work with & the company admin software has databases of items to churn paperwork out... however some supply the items you spec/ what evers on offer at the wholesalers this week

Yep! We fit the profile of the first part of that quote. We only carry parts for our preffered product and thus would refuse to quote for the texecom. Nothing wrong with Texecom but its best we loose a customer rather than take on a system where we know were not going to perform. Anyone tell you diffrent i would ask to see their stock box. LOL. The industry is like a lot of others pay your money and take your chance. Go for a recommendation from a company thats been around more than 5 mins. Most of the alarm boxs on any street in the UK belonged to companies long gone. Dont dictate and consider the advise your offered.

Customers!

Archived