Security Installer Community

Forget Diy I Need To Get A Pro In - But How?

RC944

Pete i do hope this isnt an enquiry from Scotland. If it were i may have made us look rude by not replying. i will respond with a sorry we dont cover that area ATM. :oops:

The website is quite clear about the area we cover Jeff if people are to ignorant to check they dont deserve a reply tbh, that said I would still reply and you are the nearest. I get the same from my own website if i had a £ for every enquiry I get from Leeds Id have another million pounds LOL. Its almost worth me opening a Branch up there (How about it Steve you could manage it for me?)

As for a "generic" cost. Sorry but that is bull, depending on the system they can vary immensley.

How? A Texecom pir should cost relatively the same across the industry, so should all of the kit unless your wholesaler is giving you the run around. If he's getting quotes for a similar spec for the same equipment they should all be in the same ballpark. Hence my point.

How? A Texecom pir should cost relatively the same across the industry, so should all of the kit unless your wholesaler is giving you the run around. If he's getting quotes for a similar spec for the same equipment they should all be in the same ballpark. Hence my point.

In a previous life i had a QS as a buisness partner. I could spend days on a quote where he would spend a few minuites on the calculator and get within a few percent of my final price. We taught each other a lot.

Customers!

regarding cost. We give more time on an install than our peers because i want it done right. I would rather run over on a job and still have it installed right. That does take time. Labour cost is more now than equipment cost so this must be factored in. So you can either be buying much better or allowing less time if being 'competitive'. We are more expensive than some but for the right reasons imo. We could rough it in a lot quicker and as such be cheaper but the job would look that way.

I can agree with jef to a point but your surveyor should understand how to install, if not they will generalise and allow x hours for the job. The engineers will then be under pressure to meet that time target and will install it to meet such.

securitywarehouse Security Supplies from Security Warehouse

Trade Members please contact us for your TSI vetted trade discount.

In a previous life i had a QS as a buisness partner. I could spend days on a quote where he would spend a few minuites on the calculator and get within a few percent of my final price. We taught each other a lot.

Hence why some of the surveyors who count every nut and bolt waste their time and end up miles out. There's a reason ADT use .1 as a fixing rate because some lovely qs has done the calcs behind it and usually your +- 5% with the final cost.

I don't agree with the surveyor knowing how to install. The only variables on the majority of installs should be your cable rate and install time. Plus your site specifics.

Hence why some of the surveyors who count every nut and bolt waste their time and end up miles out. There's a reason ADT use .1 as a fixing rate because some lovely qs has done the calcs behind it and usually your +- 5% with the final cost.

I don't agree with the surveyor knowing how to install. The only variables on the majority of installs should be your cable rate and install time. Plus your site specifics.

What about building type. Cable runs, cavity fill, false ceilings, differing levels, sub buildings, floor covering, ASBESTOS! A surveyor is best equiped if he has installed. Saying that most of ours are from drawings and then their is always RADIO

Customers!

What about building type. Cable runs, cavity fill, false ceilings, differing levels, sub buildings, floor covering, ASBESTOS! A surveyor is best equiped if he has installed. Saying that most of ours are from drawings and then their is always RADIO

Then your cable amount would be adjusted for and thus increasing your labour rate. Your pir is still a constant as youve compensated for it in your cabling. A metre of 8 core will on average take x to instal, like I said anything site specific would be included.

Archived