Security Installer Community

Trade Access, How Long Does It Take

PSE

What you bothering replying for then, You can shut the **** up for a start you *****

OOOOOhhhh 'Handbags!!!' :mf_swordfight:

Mature attitude....NOT!!

Isn't being part of a business being patient?... How would installs go with a temper that short? Arrg Grrr

I've always found, here included, make the right noises and it gets you somewhere...(but always forward)

(What was that tel no.?) :P:roflmao:

(not that I would do that)

OK, Lets wind it back a few posts here,

I will appologise for calling you a PR**K, That was out of order,

I Never joined here to start arguments or slanging matches of any kind,

All i was going on about was purely trade access, and how long it takes to get it.

I made a point of saying earlier that i cant be bothered posting rubbish for the sake of it,

Whats the point of just spamming rubbish, I am here because i am trade and thats all.

For those that have commented on the way i price my services, Yes what you see is correct.

Personally, I see no problems from that, And make lots of proffit from it.

The way i see it is this, With on average 540 systems at £69.95 per year, Its a guaranteed revenue isnt it ?

Based on the amount of callouts I get after hours, Averages at 4 per month on maintained installs.

Most of which is due to power outages, which i beyond my control or a 7Ah or 18Ah batter for that matter

This is for the Intruder side only, I also have automation and CCTV contracts.

There are people doing it for a lot lower, believe me its stupid.

I believe that if an installation is done to a high standard with good quality kit then chances of failure are very slim.

I am in no means a newbie to this trade, I have been in the business for nearly 20 years

This is probably longer than a lot of people here for a start.

I am in no means a newbie to this trade, I have been in the business for nearly 20 years

And how do you work that out? My guess (and I'm guessing, just as you are) would be that most of the folks here have been in the trade for a similar length of time.

I really can't believe your attitude toward the board and its members. This is a community the same as any other, be it online or otherwise. Shouting demands and generally abusing people won't get you very far; I'll bet you wouldn't address your customers of colleagues in that manner so why you think its acceptable here is beyond me.

Just for the record I'm also waiting to be upgraded to trade status too but it seems evident that the guy (James?) who has the permissions to do this is busy elsewhere. As has been pointed out earlier we all have our day to day lives away from the board. If he can't get time to see to these duties there must be a good reason.

"They put me in a box with my coat on! I know it doesn't sound much.."

tbf it's only slander if untrue.

I never said it wasn't true ;)

I will appologise for calling you a PR**K, That was out of order,

Don't waste your time, I couldn't care less. Its a small world and what goes around comes around.

I hope I am long gone out of this trade before 20 years goes by, but who knows.

I've done over 20 years just for the record but I don't like to bang on about it like I deserve a medal. (Though I probably do)

James has plenty of commitments at the moment, he is working on a major national contract, plus he has lots going on in his personal life taking up a fair amount of his time. I have spoken with him again today to he forgot about the control panel he said it was extra security to prevent the site being hacked, if he had not of added it I would have been able to log in with my usual password.

• 1 month later...

I've done over 20 years just for the record but I don't like to bang on about it like I deserve a medal. (Though I probably do)

James has plenty of commitments at the moment, he is working on a major national contract, plus he has lots going on in his personal life taking up a fair amount of his time. I have spoken with him again today to he forgot about the control panel he said it was extra security to prevent the site being hacked, if he had not of added it I would have been able to log in with my usual password.

Peter, were you able to get access to sort those of us who have been waiting for Trade Access? No rush, just wondering where things were at :)

cheers!

Archived