Security Installer Community

Which Honeywell Panel in UK? - Gave up waiting for Konnected.io

sg86sg

Hi all,

Thanks for all of the replies, I think we've got bogged down in the insurance element, to be clear my insurer is fine with the Konnected.io panel I was waiting for with AMCO's live monitoring software/hardware connected as they specified.

So all I was looking for here was a good panel for use in the UK that I can hook up with Home Assistant via Envisalink or another similar board. The system can still be armed etc from keypads so whatever additional information is passed to home assistant I don't see why that's a bad thing. I was going to use it to turn on all lights or other things when alarm is triggered for example.

Few people have mentioned HKC, what panel specifically? Are there no recommended Honeywell panels? Lets get back to the hardware recommendations!

if all you need is limited info from the alarm, ie armed status, in alarm etc then id use something with a good native app and send the relevant info to HA via inputs or if possible 232 printer. I wouldnt have any reverse command options from the HA box into the intruder alarm.

securitywarehouse Security Supplies from Security Warehouse

Trade Members please contact us for your TSI vetted trade discount.

1 hour ago, sg86sg said:

Hi all,

Thanks for all of the replies, I think we've got bogged down in the insurance element, to be clear my insurer is fine with the Konnected.io panel I was waiting for with AMCO's live monitoring software/hardware connected as they specified.

So all I was looking for here was a good panel for use in the UK that I can hook up with Home Assistant via Envisalink or another similar board. The system can still be armed etc from keypads so whatever additional information is passed to home assistant I don't see why that's a bad thing. I was going to use it to turn on all lights or other things when alarm is triggered for example.

Few people have mentioned HKC, what panel specifically? Are there no recommended Honeywell panels? Lets get back to the hardware recommendations!

Honeywell then the dimension range probably good for you , although you need to learn how to programme it

The Honeywell Dimension seems like some serious overkill looking at it's specs, did you suggest this because of something specific I requested or?

Maybe I should have asked this a different way, what is the equivalent of the Honeywell Vista 21IPLTE in the UK?

26 minutes ago, sg86sg said:

The Honeywell Dimension seems like some serious overkill looking at it's specs, did you suggest this because of something specific I requested or?

Maybe I should have asked this a different way, what is the equivalent of the Honeywell Vista 21IPLTE in the UK?

I think what your doing is overkill 

Hence overkill on panel 

Anything other than a decent panel won't do what you want 

As others suggest above 

Bullet point and list of what you need and keep it simple 

Or we send you to Mr H for confession time

Actually Norman might be good at that to....

• Upvote 1

27 minutes ago, al-yeti said:

I think what your doing is overkill 

Hence overkill on panel 

Anything other than a decent panel won't do what you want 

As others suggest above 

Bullet point and list of what you need and keep it simple 

Or we send you to Mr H for confession time

Actually Norman might be good at that to....

I really don't get forums sometimes, I came here with good intentions and tried to write a clear OP which I thought included everything already.

If there is something missing from it then maybe ask me a question to clarify?

• Ability to connect to Home Assistant, via Alarm Decoded or Envisalink boards
  • External Keypads and Siren
  • Ease of connection for central monitoring station such as AMCO (dual path for insurance)
  • I would prefer the option to also add additional sensors that I missed off via RF as well, even panic buttons etc if that's possible.
  • All sensors are currently wired back to central location, windows, doors, pirs etc
38 minutes ago, PeterJames said:

Maybe you need to tell us exactly what you need the panel to do 

Apart from numbers I thought I did this, seriously I did.

To add to my OP it is for my house (i'm 99% sure everyone assumed this anyway but just to clarify), so therefore I don't need 1000 users, 5000 zones and 2000 door controls

1 minute ago, sg86sg said:

Ability to connect to Home Assistant, via Alarm Decoded or Envisalink boards

No EU complaint panel I know of does this. Honeywell galaxy and vista are not related in any way. The vista is an ademco product, the galaxy/dimension is a microtech one

2 minutes ago, sg86sg said:

External Keypads and Siren

Anything will do that

3 minutes ago, sg86sg said:

Ease of connection for central monitoring station such as AMCO (dual path for insurance)

Again any proper comms will connect to an EU panel we do it every day, but insurance approval needs nsi etc approval (i note you know this)

4 minutes ago, sg86sg said:

I would prefer the option to also add additional sensors that I missed off via RF as well, even panic buttons etc if that's possible.

Most panels are available as hybrid options allowing rf and hard wired

4 minutes ago, sg86sg said:

All sensors are currently wired back to central location, windows, doors, pirs etc

A hybrid will utilise your existing wiring (assuming enough cores and in tact)

Your biggie issue is nothing professional is designed to connect to Home assistant nativly due to the risks involved in that sector. Your not imho gonna tick all your boxes. You can get the functionality you require just not with HA. So as alyeti says if you list what you need functionalilty wise then that would exclude other products maybe already mentioned

• Upvote 1

securitywarehouse Security Supplies from Security Warehouse

Trade Members please contact us for your TSI vetted trade discount.