Security Installer Community

Pyronix Homecontrol+ vs Visonic Powermax vs Texecom

1animal1

6 hours ago, 1animal1 said:

I've always assumed there was a good mark up - not least because when i was about to buy a Pyronix system, the chap was able to supply 2x new pirs and 2x door contacts for £65.... Where as i don't need to tell you the online cost. 

Enforcer items ? I'll take 4 devices for £65 with or without vat all day long,  

Mr th2.jpg Veritas God

Yep that's what I thought.... Remote pad too @ £45. He sold the main unit before I could secure, I was gutted as couldn't find anything remotely the same for the money. Total cost including IP module, home control etc, 3x door, 4xpir, 2x bells and remote pad... £350

At £350 I'd assume its something spirited away from work or gift from a rep,

I can see installers spilting kits & selling on ebay, however looking at the price they must be claiming the input vat & not paying anything other tax as sellers fees & paypal leave no margin ? 

Mr th2.jpg Veritas God

I had assumed it was possibly a chap working for a large company. The main board was ex demo, the rest however was sold as brand new which kinda screwed that theory.

I didn't obviously do as well with this lot but so far managed £300 for the 24w with the nicer wireless elite pirs 3 of, one DT, 3 wireless door contacts, x-be siren with cover, wireless siren and cover, 2 remotes, 3 prox tags and a few bits like eol resistors, earth sleeve, switched spur etc   ... Yet to source the remote pad, another 2 wired pir  and ip board. I don't feel I've done too bad considering... Probably saved a night outs beer money against full retail 

There seems to be a hell of a lot of Chrome Elite keypads on ebay circa £50-£70 mark, with the description suggestion the clients had changed their mind- do they really look that bad when fitted? I don't think they are for me for our decor tbf, but a lot seem to have specced then changed their mind.... 

On 02/11/2016 at 10:17 PM, 1animal1 said:

Probably saved a night outs beer money against full retail 

The night out you won't be having due to doing all this research and fitting though, that might be the reality?

Or being called back in the middle of as 'the alarm is going off'... Depends how much you value your own time IMHO.

Not trying to put you off but it's a distinct downside of DIYing a security system.

50 minutes ago, 1animal1 said:

There seems to be a hell of a lot of Chrome Elite keypads on ebay circa £50-£70 mark, with the description suggestion the clients had changed their mind- do they really look that bad when fitted? I don't think they are for me for our decor tbf, but a lot seem to have specced then changed their mind.... 

Probably more like 'on contract, didn't pay or cancelled mid term, so we pitched up and recovered what we could'.

Edited by datadiffusion

So, I've decided to take my work back underground.... to stop it falling into the wrong hands