Security Installer Community

Pyronix Homecontrol+ vs Visonic Powermax vs Texecom

1animal1

Absolutely, mine is amateur at best compared to a commercial set up. I just figured that it's pointless having an on site hd that isn't secure. The alarm itself is merely a deterrent to pressurise the local scum to leave should they break in. 

I've now got the box in the airing cupboard which will be losing the tank in the next year or so, so it should be good long term... Wired the spur and panel, have the wired siren installed (backup battery still disconnected on the panel and siren). I've got the line to the keypad set up for when I have sourced that.... Tomorrow's job is to switch the panel on  and get the wireless siren, door contacts and pirs learnt. Then fit the rear wireless siren... Maybe try and set a few other bits. Do what I can now in prep for when i get the remote keypad, which will have two wired pirs into the back of it  (wires also in place)

It's certainly a possibility James as a secondary business. I was talking to a neighbour today who has just had a system fitted, tech aware like myself but no intention of fitting himself - your market is still intact depending where the suppliers go with the new systems - surely they can only simplify them so much (wireless being your enemy I suspect for ease of fit). Places like this forum will always be available too - do you chaps pick up much business from the forum from people getting stuck and needing that call out?

Caring for security... My missus thinks I've spent £200 on all this. Has no clue as to why we need it as apparently our dogs which are isolated in clear view to the kitchen and living room, will scare anyone away. I keep telling her, if someone works out the rest of the house is fair game, then there's no deterrent to leave.... Having someone break in is one thing, giving that person all the time they need to go through what they want and search is entirely another. She still doesn't get it... 

On that note is it common practice to turn the internal bell off on the main panel, perhaps fit and hide a secondary internal bell, as well as the remote keypato. To point any would be burglar in the wrong direction should they try and find the panel.  

Also guessing I keep the battery back ups off on both sirens until I'm fully fitted and programmed...

Pretty sure the premier elite panel has a speaker built in or at least terminals for one?

I've powered up today, siren operating as it should... Spent ages trying to get the panel to learn the devices though, I've tried a few things, including the option switches which were set incorrectly and wouldn't learn at all at the start. Now I have the learning options but it won't pick up the devices.... Tried numerous things including learning via the zone set up, going to ring the tech chaps tomorrow as I'm stumped...

Thanks Al... Seems those darned instructions aren't as clear as one thought :rolleyes:

I've done the power on to the letter, battery leads, load defaults whilst pressing battery kick, release load default once heatbeat green led kicks in. Engineer code when the panel goes off, engineer code again to enter engineer menu. 240v Power on.. Confirm devices pressing yes twice. Then inserting the jumper on the PCB for commissioning mode.

Have all the options set to off (tried with 3 set to on),  bridge on the learning points for the door magnet, pressed the learn button as I push the battery in the pir just in case the door contact was faulty... Everything happens as the book suggests right up until it tries to learn. Been going in on zone 9 onwards.... It asks if I want to learn, then runs the 20s count down, then reverts to the last screen asking to learn rather than asking where to learn to... I've tried so many combinations