Security Installer Community

Pyronix Homecontrol+ vs Visonic Powermax vs Texecom

1animal1

• Replies 312
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So that would negate using the Ddns address in the ip setting on the app? 

I've set up the arc, created the account, updated the panel, turned digi on, set poll ip... Test call won't initialise though

Edited by 1animal1

So today's state of play. We have notifications going to my mobile but the app is still showing purple when operating remotely. I've double, triple checked everything... It has come up with a warning though saying the app isn't encrypted, and there's two encryption codes on the udl page of the app.... Cannot find anything about where they go on the panel though as suggested

So Texecom were able to remote in with my router details and the port, ip set for the alarm. They checked everything on the panel itself and it all looked OK.... Still can't get into it through the app or a third party app for Texecom systems.   Either through ddns or the actual router IP. Looking at the router logs through my ddns, it is sending the information to the panel which is for some reason knocking it back. 

Could this be as simple as the area name on the app not matching?

6 hours ago, 1animal1 said:

So Texecom were able to remote in with my router details and the port, ip set for the alarm. They checked everything on the panel itself and it all looked OK....

Interesting, they normally recommend an IT bod.

Clearly something is not right somewhere, but if they logged into your panel then the connection is fine and the panel is programmed correctly.

6 hours ago, 1animal1 said:

Still can't get into it through the app or a third party app for Texecom systems.   Either through ddns or the actual router IP. Looking at the router logs through my ddns, it is sending the information to the panel which is for some reason knocking it back.

I would say it's something like the user code or UDL code is wrong from what you have described.

The UDL is 100% correct. They also said the usernumber and password were not needed, you only need that for the smart key. They also said I didn't need the encryption code, and to delete. 

I'm going to try changing the ip today and maybe the port 

27 minutes ago, 1animal1 said:

The UDL is 100% correct. They also said the usernumber and password were not needed, you only need that for the smart key. They also said I didn't need the encryption code, and to delete. 

I'm going to try changing the ip today and maybe the port 

I've deleted and downloaded the app again.....

And been looking for any other settings in any of the sub menus that would give a clue. Also switched to fibre just in case.... I am getting 15meg though so highly doubtful that's linked

It's upload speed not down, it will be flaky with poor upload speed.

User number and code is for the smartkey yes, you should be able to get the keypad either way.

The encryption code is not required and will be easier to setup, however, as with all encryption it's there to protect the data you send which could be MITM attacked.

1 hour ago, 1animal1 said:

I'm having some serious trouble with this app.... Deleting reverts to midway into my last sentence and I can't get rid of this box.  :/

The upload is only 0.6/7 atm, so perhaps that's a potential issue? The app may require more bandwidth perhaps. I've checked the router and they definitely got into my system....

There's no where for the encryption code unfortunately :(

16 hours ago, 1animal1 said:

I'm not sure where this encryption menu is? I've looked through most of the settings, read the installation manual... I can't see where to admit this information? Even the third party app doesn't ask for this info.

As an aside, I have carried out some testing today to ensure the part alarms work. All good... I found that I get phone remote notifications when the alarm is set, and when certain instances happen. 

I have also found that the internal siren won't reset easily without the engineer code when exiting without closing the door within the allowed time.. therefore creating an exit fault stopping the alarm from setting. Must be a tick box somewhere to resolve?

How would i check that?

I've just changed the IP - no difference. When i do a test call and go through Wintex or the app on the LAN, COM1 switches to online and i get full control.... when i turn wifi off the phone, com1 still goes to online but the dot remains pink.... it's talking to it but refusing to send data, so the problem must be with the alarm. 

I'm doing all this on the remote panel which shouldn't matter should it?

What about UDL options? I have M&D ticked - tried without and no difference

Am i right in saying you cannot flash the new firmware via the Texecom flash board to a 24W? I have read it on a previous post but there appears to be the firmware available on the upload selection.... I am also getting an error message saying the board isn't communicating properly - despite having followed the instructions to the letter and having updated my drivers

No, it's older (ancient) versions that can't either be flashed at all (no port) or past a certain version (not enough RAM/EEPROM space) that you might have read about.

Any Premier should be fine, AFAIK.

So, I've decided to take my work back underground.... to stop it falling into the wrong hands