Security Installer Community

Pyronix Homecontrol+ vs Visonic Powermax vs Texecom

1animal1

Regards the bells - I am connecting up an X-BE bell, wired. So I assume i connect this up as per normal - tamper ring, strobe and bell negative returns and the 12v feed.... I am also connecting an Odyssey wireless - let the system learn this device as usual. 

My question is (assuming everything above is ok) - Would i bother to assign them as SAB and SCB respectively? I gather not as the current draw from the panel is no longer an issue, given that one of the devices is wireless. 

If i were to ever convert this to wired for the second box - I assume the SAB/SCB is a switch option inside the bell box itself?

SCB can sometimes, very occasionally be of use, I've used it precisely zero times in 20 years!

If I'm ever fitting 2 SABs because of low bell height, chance of attracting neighbours at the back etc... then I just up the PSU.

Yes wireless bell is, well, just that so no settings to worry about.

If you have a single wired bell, SAB is the way to go.

• Upvote 1

So, I've decided to take my work back underground.... to stop it falling into the wrong hands

3 hours ago, 1animal1 said:

Noted.... £23.50 for what? 

well £28.99 inc vat is the price difference between buying the ebay item & buying it on a 14 day offer at "trade price"

So for premium of £28.99 I can have upto 48 days credit & pop into my local branch & collect stock or normally next working day if not in branch stock...

• Upvote 1

Mr th2.jpg Veritas God

21 minutes ago, datadiffusion said:

SCB can sometimes, very occasionally be of use, I've used it precisely zero times in 20 years!

If I'm ever fitting 2 SABs because of low bell height, chance of attracting neighbours at the back etc... then I just up the PSU.

Yes wireless bell is, well, just that so no settings to worry about.

If you have a single wired bell, SAB is the way to go.

Is SCB simply a switch option then in the box?

5 minutes ago, MrHappy said:

well £28.99 inc vat is the price difference between buying the ebay item & buying it on a 14 day offer at "trade price"

So for premium of £28.99 I can have upto 48 days credit & pop into my local branch & collect stock or normally next working day if not in branch stock...

I've always assumed there was a good mark up - not least because when i was about to buy a Pyronix system, the chap was able to supply 2x new pirs and 2x door contacts for £65.... Where as i don't need to tell you the online cost. 

7 minutes ago, 1animal1 said:

Is SCB simply a switch option then in the box?

Yes, usually. Or a wire link, or jumper etc...

Though I note with the very latest Elmdene Quartz backplates (the bells I use) we have gained an NiMh battery (rather than NiCad), lost a xenon tubed strobe and gained an LED strobe, and lost SAB/SCB mode altogether...

Edited by datadiffusion

So, I've decided to take my work back underground.... to stop it falling into the wrong hands

Flash rate was less than 1Hz though, and no doubt they've not held back on the freq. nor current rating of the LEDs, 6 @ 20mA even will be similar.

Strobe was always guesstimated at 80-120mA AFAIK on a system, same as a keypad tbh.

https://www.tlc-direct.co.uk/Technical/DataSheets/Ade/TSRESON8_Install.pdf for an example