Security Installer Community

Pyronix Homecontrol+ vs Visonic Powermax vs Texecom

1animal1

Many of the customers I have fitted these "posh" keypads have wanted them to match the electrical hardware.

I have had similar situations where they didn't match or on seeing them they preferred an alternative or even white.

I also wouldn't rule out older stock which had a different backplate IIRC.

• Upvote 1

That makes sense - having the same colour pad (chrome/brass etc) can easily be overkill given it's size... in comparison to say a switch.

I've looked at the old premier units but the small green screen just looks bit...rubbish. Is that the ones you meant?

What do you guys think about pir positioning for 30 foot long room, one end has patio doors leading to conservatory so will have good potential for temp fluctuations in summer. The other end has a bay window half the size. What I don't want however is it going off if say someone looks through the window... This is for a wireless Tex quad 

Assume no problems fitting the main unit in the airing cupboard? Obviously wanting too avoid the loft and the other hiding place is where my CCTV is... Making it a bumper haul if someone got in  (though the CCTV is in a metal cabinet).  

7 hours ago, 1animal1 said:

Assume no problems fitting the main unit in the airing cupboard? Obviously wanting too avoid the loft and the other hiding place is where my CCTV is... Making it a bumper haul if someone got in  (though the CCTV is in a metal cabinet).  

Ideally neither, but in the real world I have systems in both; any airing cupboard ones only due to them being upgrades that can't be moved or customer didn't want to pay to have them moved. I reluctantly put my parents CCTV in the loft, something I would never do for a paying customer, and the brand new UPS batteries were toast within 18 months due to the heat.

P.S You are right to secure your CCTV (at a recent raid round here they got off with £50k & kidnapping security staff as they stole the CCTV HDDs too) in your case no-one is going to steal your security equipment, nor in all reaility waste time looking for it, as for the intruder alarm you can see there are many struggling to sell at lossmaking prices...

Edited by datadiffusion
  • Upvote 1

So, I've decided to take my work back underground.... to stop it falling into the wrong hands