Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Security Installer Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

hikvision dvr, ivms-4500 motion detection alarm problem

Featured Replies

  • Author

I've managed to set a ddns up through hikvision and registered the username on the dvr too but if I try to log on via the hikvision Web address it just takes me to my router screen

 

  • Replies 42
  • Views 11.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't know how else to say it. Your port forward isn't set correctly. What ports are you forwarding?

securitywarehouse Security Supplies from Security Warehouse

Trade Members please contact us for your TSI vetted trade discount.

2 hours ago, andy8519 said:

I've managed to set a ddns up through hikvision and registered the username on the dvr too but if I try to log on via the hikvision Web address it just takes me to my router screen

 

So switch off the remote management on the router if it's available

 

I assuming via the browser it's directing you to the router login because port 80 does that in some I think 

On Monday, August 15, 2016 at 1:20 PM, andy8519 said:

I don't understand the part about setting a static ip for my device, I've got a static IP from my ISP, do I not just use that?

 

The static IP address for your device will be a local network address, just pick one in range and enter it in the dvr then forward the ports to this address. Your static IP from your ISP will be the address that the APP/Software uses to gain access from outside your local network.

Edited by J&D Security

janddsecurity@live.co.uk

That is an utter ***** router you could well be doing it right but the router may well be not playing the game, they are very tempramental. get something decent like a tplink 9980 and enjoy better internet into the bargain too.

first thing to check though is that you arent behind carrier level nat, some isps are now issuing non nattable ip addresses, check that what your router thinks it's ip address is tallies with what you get when you type "what is my ip addresss" into google.

If you are really struggling install teamviewer and drop me a pm.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.