Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Security Installer Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

hikvision dvr, ivms-4500 motion detection alarm problem

Featured Replies

  • Replies 42
  • Views 11.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Author
On 06/08/2016 at 1:46 PM, petrolhead said:

Just use the dvrs built in hiddns.

I am doing but when the push notification comes through its trying to link back through my home network which is fine when I'm at home but as soon as I'm off my network it just won't work

is that because you don't have the port forward set correctly

securitywarehouse Security Supplies from Security Warehouse

Trade Members please contact us for your TSI vetted trade discount.

You need to use your public IP address and set up port forwarding on you router, just google your router and port forwarding and make sure you use the public IP address not you local IP address.

janddsecurity@live.co.uk

7 minutes ago, J&D Security said:

You need to use your public IP address and set up port forwarding on you router, just google your router and port forwarding and make sure you use the public IP address not you local IP address.

id go with this, use your ddns address

securitywarehouse Security Supplies from Security Warehouse

Trade Members please contact us for your TSI vetted trade discount.

  • Author

thanks for everybody's input, I've never set one up for port forwarding so I'm doing my research. all a bit confusing to be honest!

I'm going to ring my isp tomorrow and see if I can get a static IP address, this seems the easiest option, unless there are any other suggestions?

Thanks.

you should be able to use ddns in the nvr once you have the port forward done

securitywarehouse Security Supplies from Security Warehouse

Trade Members please contact us for your TSI vetted trade discount.

  • Author

Ive managed to open up the 3 ports but still don't know what to do! aaaaaarrrrrggghhh I keep watching youtube videos to no avail haha

 

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.