August 9, 201610 yr comment_449101 Yes, static IP or Dynamic IP you will still need port forwarding unless your using peer-to-peer. Portforward.com is a good start. Link to comment https://www.thesecurityinstaller.co.uk/community/topic/40360-hikvision-dvr-ivms-4500-motion-detection-alarm-problem/page/3/#findComment-449101 Share on other sites Share on LinkedIn Share on X Share on Facebook {lang="reddit_text" Share via email Share on Pinterest More sharing options... Share this post
August 9, 201610 yr comment_449103 I thought hik only needed port 8000? securitywarehouse Security Supplies from Security Warehouse Trade Members please contact us for your TSI vetted trade discount. Link to comment https://www.thesecurityinstaller.co.uk/community/topic/40360-hikvision-dvr-ivms-4500-motion-detection-alarm-problem/page/3/#findComment-449103 Share on other sites Share on LinkedIn Share on X Share on Facebook {lang="reddit_text" Share via email Share on Pinterest More sharing options... Share this post
August 9, 201610 yr comment_449108 80 8000 and 554 set your dvr to a static ip on the local network, preferable either outside the dhcp scope, or if you dont know dhcp lease pool .200 is a good bet. Set gateway and dns adrress on dvr to point to your routers local ip usually something like 192.168.1.1 or 192.168.1.254 set up incoming portforwarding on tcp ports 80 8000 and 554 to point to the local address tou gave the dvr. go to the dvr network settings and enable hiddns and give it a unique name something like gloryholewebcam123 in ivms on your phone delete the existing device and add a new one but this time select register mode hiddns and domain name is what you called the dvrs hiddns name you might run into problems if another device like your routers remote admin page is also trying to host on port 80 but that wont cause an issue with the phone or tablet app just remote pc access. Link to comment https://www.thesecurityinstaller.co.uk/community/topic/40360-hikvision-dvr-ivms-4500-motion-detection-alarm-problem/page/3/#findComment-449108 Share on other sites Share on LinkedIn Share on X Share on Facebook {lang="reddit_text" Share via email Share on Pinterest More sharing options... Share this post
August 9, 201610 yr Author comment_449109 Thanks petrolhead, I'll give it a bash tomorrow. my head feels like its gonna erxplode tonight lol. I'll let you know how I get on Link to comment https://www.thesecurityinstaller.co.uk/community/topic/40360-hikvision-dvr-ivms-4500-motion-detection-alarm-problem/page/3/#findComment-449109 Share on other sites Share on LinkedIn Share on X Share on Facebook {lang="reddit_text" Share via email Share on Pinterest More sharing options... Share this post
August 9, 201610 yr comment_449110 Btw gloryholewebcam1-150 is already taken by norm, i've reserved 150-300. when you set up portforwarding properly you should notice it is a lot faster to connect as well, and cameras will be listed by name if you have named them in osd settings Edited August 9, 201610 yr by petrolhead Link to comment https://www.thesecurityinstaller.co.uk/community/topic/40360-hikvision-dvr-ivms-4500-motion-detection-alarm-problem/page/3/#findComment-449110 Share on other sites Share on LinkedIn Share on X Share on Facebook {lang="reddit_text" Share via email Share on Pinterest More sharing options... Share this post
August 15, 201610 yr Author comment_449174 UPDATE..... I cannot do this port forwarding, I've tied and tried, watched videos on youtube received help off you guys and spent endless hours researching, I just cannot get my head around it! I've now got a static IP address but its as much use to me as a medium rare fillet steak is to a vegetarian! If anybody would like to guide me through setting this up step by step I'm happy to pay you for your time! its very very close to hammer time for this dvr, its becoming the blight of my life. Link to comment https://www.thesecurityinstaller.co.uk/community/topic/40360-hikvision-dvr-ivms-4500-motion-detection-alarm-problem/page/3/#findComment-449174 Share on other sites Share on LinkedIn Share on X Share on Facebook {lang="reddit_text" Share via email Share on Pinterest More sharing options... Share this post
August 15, 201610 yr comment_449175 its not the dvr its the router. securitywarehouse Security Supplies from Security Warehouse Trade Members please contact us for your TSI vetted trade discount. Link to comment https://www.thesecurityinstaller.co.uk/community/topic/40360-hikvision-dvr-ivms-4500-motion-detection-alarm-problem/page/3/#findComment-449175 Share on other sites Share on LinkedIn Share on X Share on Facebook {lang="reddit_text" Share via email Share on Pinterest More sharing options... Share this post
August 15, 201610 yr comment_449176 And it's not the static IP as your ports still have to be forwarded , although static is nice to have Link to comment https://www.thesecurityinstaller.co.uk/community/topic/40360-hikvision-dvr-ivms-4500-motion-detection-alarm-problem/page/3/#findComment-449176 Share on other sites Share on LinkedIn Share on X Share on Facebook {lang="reddit_text" Share via email Share on Pinterest More sharing options... Share this post
August 15, 201610 yr comment_449177 So what router have you got I looked through the thread didn't spot it? Link to comment https://www.thesecurityinstaller.co.uk/community/topic/40360-hikvision-dvr-ivms-4500-motion-detection-alarm-problem/page/3/#findComment-449177 Share on other sites Share on LinkedIn Share on X Share on Facebook {lang="reddit_text" Share via email Share on Pinterest More sharing options... Share this post
August 15, 201610 yr Author comment_449186 hi, its a technicolour TG582n_ I'm trying to follow the guide on portforward.com but I don't understand the part about setting a static ip for my device, I've got a static IP from my ISP, do I not just use that? Link to comment https://www.thesecurityinstaller.co.uk/community/topic/40360-hikvision-dvr-ivms-4500-motion-detection-alarm-problem/page/3/#findComment-449186 Share on other sites Share on LinkedIn Share on X Share on Facebook {lang="reddit_text" Share via email Share on Pinterest More sharing options... Share this post
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.