Security Installer Community

Starting Up

any business is only as good as the people working in it at any given time,from top to bottom

Yes your right Gaz, but sometimes you employ an idiot that lies his way through the interview, and it takes a while to find out he's an idiot because one you dont want to believe that your that stupid to take on an idiot, two he is quite good at covering his tracks he may be an idiot but that doesnt mean he is stupid, if he was an idiot and stupid you would have spotted that straight away in the interview, and lastly if you are a nice boss you will give him the benefit of doubt, and a chance to prove you wrong. But I will never employ someone with those traits again which doesnt mean I wont employ another idiot but the idiot wont be as much of an idiot

So you don't regret starting up whilstle? Just a lot of work and demanding now you run it yourself instead of working for a national?

the thing with whistle is the years of experience in all fields before he went alone,being an apprentice you won't have that head start,walk before you run

wolf god is here

Haha I am just enjoying the moment as tomorrow morning it's back to the knob head customers who think fully comp cover means they don't get charged for deleting there own fob in error.

Yes your right Gaz, but sometimes you employ an idiot that lies his way through the interview, and it takes a while to find out he's an idiot because one you dont want to believe that your that stupid to take on an idiot, two he is quite good at covering his tracks he may be an idiot but that doesnt mean he is stupid, if he was an idiot and stupid you would have spotted that straight away in the interview, and lastly if you are a nice boss you will give him the benefit of doubt, and a chance to prove you wrong. But I will never employ someone with those traits again which doesnt mean I wont employ another idiot but the idiot wont be as much of an idiot

everyone on here could of told you that,a management failure that im afraid...

the thing with whistle is the years of experience in all fields before he went alone,being an apprentice you won't have that head start,walk before you run

I can't wait to prove you wrong, I've had 5 years in the trade and I've done all aspects of it. Dont comment if your going to be negative please

everyone on here could of told you that,a management failure that im afraid...

I have always known it but sometimes idiots are hard to spot, and even though you believe that everyone should have a chance, But dont just take my word for it ask any employer here, we have all employed an idiot or two, the last idiot I employed has gone on to work for four more employers, and he has been with the last one for nearly a year now, they must know he's an idiot by now it only a matter of time

I can't wait to prove you wrong, I've had 5 years in the trade and I've done all aspects of it. Dont comment if your going to be negative please

One thing you'll learn as you mature is to listen to the negative comments and hopefully take something from them. If you only want to hear positive comments pop over to diynot.com

Nothing is foolproof to a sufficiently talented fool.

I admire your guts, but remember 4 out of 5 new businesses fail in the first year. Gaz is giving you good advise, my first business failed miserably, and  I had over ten years experience before I went it alone again, I had managed other peoples businesses for several years too, 14 years on and I am still learning new stuff

One thing you'll learn as you mature is to listen to the negative comments and hopefully take something from them. If you only want to hear positive comments pop over to diynot.com

I'm open to negative comments and take them onboard. I took them onboard and I said I'd prove him wrong, that's not me saying I don't like negative comments.

I admire your guts, but remember 4 out of 5 new businesses fail in the first year. Gaz is giving you good advise, my first business failed miserably, and I had over ten years experience before I went it alone again, I had managed other peoples businesses for several years too, 14 years on and I am still learning new stuff

Why did your first business fail? I know 4 out of 5 business fail but that's due to lack of knowledge and resources. They obviously jump the gun without the correct resources etc. However I'm prepared, I have all the paperwork, company name, sales literature and other literature and so on. All I need now to do now is van, insurance and advertisement but I'm taking my time planning and doing it carefully making sure I don't miss anything so I'm not setup to fail

I'm open to negative comments and take them onboard. I took them onboard and I said I'd prove him wrong, that's not me saying I don't like negative comments.

the term is realistic not negative,what experience you got installing/servicing/selling/pricing jobs up have you got years of seeing customers and giving them a service you can promise to maintain if they come with you etc etc