Security Installer Community

Nice New Fire Install

Today we have been 1st fixing intruder on a brand new build on a retail park in Dundee.

Sparky on site is fitting the fire alarm.

post-1613-0-46026000-1429724143_thumb.jp

He thinks sticky pads and plasic ties meet the standards as 99% of his cables are fixed this way. No wonder we can't compete with these guys.

he must have a screw wacked through them into the joists imo? Sticky wont hold it up on the board surely 

Not that it makes it any better really!

Edited by 9651

Today we have been 1st fixing intruder on a brand new build on a retail park in Dundee.

Sparky on site is fitting the fire alarm.

image.jpg

He thinks sticky pads and plasic ties meet the standards as 99% of his cables are fixed this way. No wonder we can't compete with these guys.

We're you matching the intruder with fire cable from sparky ie the one above?

You ought to be first so everyone can tie to the galv mate

funny you should say that ill take a pic next time im at the site everything is tied to it from cable to flexi pipes for machines..cvnts dont they know its art its like throwing paint over a banksy :-

Our intruder cables are fixed with plaster board fixings with a p clip and a tie every 1m.

At least I can hold my head up on site as our bit is spot on.

Not been online for a LONG time, but i'm still here  :teehee:

This thread got me thinking of some galv conduit I installed for some lighting in a new room being created.  The alarm engineer decided to use my conduit as a convenient route.  I only spotted it when returning to site months later for different jobs!

1307785271.jpg

Email : martin@askthetrades.co.uk

Not been online for a LONG time, but i'm still here  :teehee:

This thread got me thinking of some galv conduit I installed for some lighting in a new room being created.  The alarm engineer decided to use my conduit as a convenient route.  I only spotted it when returning to site months later for different jobs!

1307785271.jpg

angle box a substitute for lack of skill  :-