Security Installer Community

Veritas Excel New Install - Eol Question

Mark02

al no one should berate anyone trying to learn

genuine question

How would you respond to someone having a go at servicing / working on your stuff that hadnt done it before?

No it's a good question with many considerations to take into account.

We often take on apprentices and people from other areas of engineering (fork lift engineers, plant engineers, cranes engineers etc etc) and some can absorb the technical side while other cannot.

We get a lot of wanna be engineers trying and often failing in our industry. I am all for letting people try and for them to learn but some people just don't have the right skill set (a bit like me with EOL for example) :whistle:

It's no good taking on people who do not like heights, You have to test these machines and it cannot be done solely from ground control panels.  The main consideration on the access machines is you have to remember people will be working at height for hours at a time and our job is to not only make sure the machine is reliable but ultimately SAFE and fit for purpose. This would be the show stopper for say an alarm engineer working on our machines. It's one thing if I mess un an alarm install but a different game altogether if you was to mess up one of our machines because you could potentially kill somebody (operator, other people in the work area etc etc)

Edited by Mark02

Just a quick picture of one the PIR's wired up (first attempt and it worked).

22k Resistor across alarm and 10k alarm to tamper / EOL (I'm sure one of you will correct my terminology) :rolleyes:

I'll add more pics as I go through install which I'm doing in sections over the next few weeks.

Premier Compact EOL

:yes: 

Thats wrong.

Its running single eol not dual. The black wire should be in the empty tamper terminal

Ahhh ............. Just as well I posted pic before fitting everything then :hmm: Thanks James.

How come it all worked OK on the bench? And I better take a pic of the door contact to see if that's right :unsure:

Oh well .... At least I'm closer than I was yesterday