Security Installer Community

Veritas Excel New Install - Eol Question

Mark02

Yes that contact doesn't have a tamper switch so thats ok. I would insulate the resistors though. On the pir there is no need for them to be that long

That's great. Yeah the wiring needs tidying up but it was only for bench test. I have some really small heat shrink I can use when I actually fit everything.

Couple of things.

Can I heat shrink the whole resistor or is it better to just cover the wires?

Also, with the internal sounder (pyronix twin speaker/siren) and external bell (if I fit the external) what happens with the wiring when I'm using EOL. Do I still connect as normal including tamper circuit to pcb or do they also need resistors and omit tamp wires ?

That's great. Yeah the wiring needs tidying up but it was only for bench test. I have some really small heat shrink I can use when I actually fit everything.

Couple of things.

Can I heat shrink the whole resistor or is it better to just cover the wires?

Id just do the wires else you wont be able to see the colour bands

Also, with the internal sounder (pyronix twin speaker/siren) and external bell (if I fit the external) what happens with the wiring when I'm using EOL. Do I still connect as normal including tamper circuit to pcb or do they also need resistors and omit tamp wires ?

If you wire the internal tamper into a circuit it will need reistors. The external sounder will use a tamper return and wont

securitywarehouse Security Supplies from Security Warehouse

Trade Members please contact us for your TSI vetted trade discount.

Id just do the wires else you wont be able to see the colour bands

If you wire the internal tamper into a circuit it will need reistors. The external sounder will use a tamper return and wont

The internal speaker siren terminals are T - T - BA - SPX - 12v - 0v . The supplied instructions say tamper shold be connected in series with the system tamper loop. Also says 12v+, 12v- and BA should be wired in parallel with external bellbox (which I probably am not going to use .... local council don't like them).

Out of curiosity why didnt you use red/ black for power?

Because in the installation manual green and white are shown as power while red/black are alarm circuits (to zones) so I decided to stick to those colours so if I ever have to reference back to installation book it all matched up. I see your point though.

It don't seem right does it LOL

I will bookmark thread and over next couple of weeks post back to let you know how I got on and maybe a few install picks. I am sure somebody else might find this handy (unless your an install engineer that fitting alarms comes easy to) :wacko:

Just for an example here is a schematics of one machine I work on. This is a part page and there is another 17 sheets go with it. I have a Pcon 64 fault. Can anyone tell me where the fault lays (possible 3 answers)   :whistle:

I am gutted its too small to read :shy: but I think if i could read it i would be lost on what pcon 64 ment :ermm: