Security Installer Community

Veritas Excel New Install - Eol Question

Mark02

If you read through manual, page 13 quotes the following. Other info below that if that helps.

Well you have your answer.

I would just program that zone out with either Menu option 50 or 59.

I don't like resistors in the panel. Which wrongly the manual advises you to do on some circuits, I may add.

It shows 2 x contacts where as I am only doing one at a time. Looking at this it makes sense I think with an EOL resistor and a shunt resistor. I presume I need to follow the right hand side contact in this image including the fitting of the 10k inline.

Yes.

But BTW having two contacts like that will not work on an Excel.

As I already said I really appreciate your help, advice and honesty. I went for a wired system for reliability, cost and lesser maintenance over a wireless system (batteries for example).

I paid £145 for the system (new) with 100mtrs cable, 3 x pir's, 2 contacts, battery and the Pironix twin alert internal siren. Now I fully understand your comments about quality but most people like me would be in Homebase or B&Q paying over £200 for a Yale or similar wireless system. I just feel I wanted something better. I read loads of reviews on the Excel, weighed those up against cost which led me to my choice. If I wanted to spend a lot more I would have been speaking to you guys over the phone to get supply and install quotes and TBH me installing this alarm is better than no alarm.

I am not worried about it being monitored and not really that fussed about the dialler. I have good neighbours and my train of thought with the internal siren is make as much noise as possible in the hope it will either scare off any would be intruders (most of which in my area are opportunists)  and also alert my neighbours who most of which have my mobile. The police where I live rarely attend burglar alarms so I could probably respond a lot quicker.

I still might go for the resistors and yes I did notice the manual saying about putting them on the PCB. If not I'll wire it globally.

I could miss out one of the door contact (planned for front door/zone one entry/exit) If I could position a pir above door knowing it wouldn't be triggered by post, junk mail and newspapers coming through letter box.

just get adt in job done :-

Doubt it with the issues neighbour has had with them. I want to install myself. I like the challenge

I could miss out one of the door contact (planned for front door/zone one entry/exit) If I could position a pir above door knowing it wouldn't be triggered by post, junk mail and newspapers coming through letter box.

Don't do this.

It is best to have a front door contact and arm on "final door set".

if you can go the eol route then do, but at your risk its not needed. Better yes but no needed.

Id say double pole and proper signalling was way better than eol and bells or a dialler.

Its the end result that matters (ie you get to know somethings happening) not your choice of dp or eol

Don't do this.

It is best to have a front door contact and arm on "final door set".

agreed

and it certainly is by the sounds of it,im surprised an engineer (sic) cant fathom basic circuits

Gaz this is in the diy section

securitywarehouse Security Supplies from Security Warehouse

Trade Members please contact us for your TSI vetted trade discount.