Security Installer Community

Veritas Excel New Install - Eol Question

Mark02

Just think the twin alert will only be pulling oower if the siren goes off. Manual dosn't state standby current but I would have though next to nothing.

Next to nothing is all relative. We have to measure current/voltage/resistance of each circuit then standby and alarm current of controls. Then calculate that to last 8/12/24 hours, all one part of commissioning a system.

So just wire it as per the manual above and if so do I use the pcm tamper cicuit?

Pcb even

Looks Pyronix so it shows how to wire it to a Pyronix panel not a Texecom panel. It will work but may not used the same named terminals.

I assume that type of internal will use the bell tamper loop, which isn't EOL on that panel.

thought the veritas could use 4k7 and 2k2 resistors by changing the option in menu 30 on the new panels but last i heard you needed the led keypad to access menu 30 and the lcd would be updated at some point.

The aux tamper as far as I am aware doesn't use the the  eol, but a zone programed as tamper would.

you should be able to disable the zones not in use menu 48- 50  ish for the full set would need the quick guide to refresh my memory, with the zones disabled you don't need to link the zones out at all.