Security Installer Community

Veritas Excel New Install - Eol Question

Mark02

The kits can be cost effective if you don't mind the stuff that comes with it.

I am not keen on the Texecom sensors personally, so would buy the panel, keypad and tags separately.

Us in the trade here will buy from a wholesalers or trade counter, so maybe we are not the best to ask and your favourite search engine is your friend there.

The last picture looks like a flush keypad so maybe avoid if your not planning on chiseling a huge hole in the wall.

The kits can be cost effective if you don't mind the stuff that comes with it.

I am not keen on the Texecom sensors personally, so would buy the panel, keypad and tags separately.

Us in the trade here will buy from a wholesalers or trade counter, so maybe we are not the best to ask and your favourite search engine is your friend there.

The last picture looks like a flush keypad so maybe avoid if your not planning on chiseling a huge hole in the wall.

No it's a surface mount. I did actually work out they do either and wondered how much work would be involved fitting a flush mount. I had visions of waving at the neighbours before filling the whole with the keypad LOL

This is a better pic of the one above

2_662.jpg

OK so gathered my thoughts, listened to everyone's advice (and piss taking) :whistle:  :yes: and finally got a plan together.

So current situation is I have the excel unit on the wall and it's cream cracked. Everything else is fine.

Shopping list:

1 x Premier Elite 24 panel (same box, use same holes etc. Straight swap the whole box)

1 x Premier Elite surface mount keypad to suit above. (Nice shiny one)

2 new door contacts with the resistors already in them. I think somebody said the SC517's (which have the 2k2 and 4k7 options)

2 x Exodus OH optical/heat sensors (may as well fit them while I'm at it)   :rolleyes:

Pack of keyfobs

Back to the drawing board plan

Change the 2 door contacts over

Remove resistors from Pir's and use J3 and J4 options for 2k2 and 4k7

Wire front door contact and utility room pir into available keypad zones (less than 8ft apart and saves two wire drops from prem 24 on floor above and free's up 2 zones in box)

2 other zones (1 contact and one pir) into Z1 and Z2 within main box

2 other zones for heat/smoke detectors (24hr fire zones)

Once all the wiring is done CAREFULLY PROGRAM UP BEING CAREFUL HOW I TYPE THINGS IN  :lol:  :banghead:  :cry:

Also toying with getting a ComGSM unit.

Flat out at work so I have till end of month to read install manual a few times to make sure I don't **** anything up this time. :no:   :D  :roflmao:  :huh:  :unsure:  :yes:

its not so easy to accidental lock the panel on the premier (not impossible though).

looks like its covered. the gsm com just make sure you have a very good signal.

Thanks

Yes I have a spare O2 sim i can use which I get 4g indoors so all good.

Edited by Mark02

2 x Exodus OH optical/heat sensors (may as well fit them while I'm at it) 

Also toying with getting a ComGSM unit.

Flat out at work so I have till end of month to read install manual a few times to make sure I don't **** anything up this time.

Unlike the Excel you may not get an installation manual in the box, professional panel generally don't provide manuals as they expect you to know what your doing.

You maybe lucky enough to get one with a CD inside and therefore pdf manual.

ComGSM can be tricky to setup correctly and strong signal strength is a must.

Best to use a contract sim if possible as PAYG topping up can be an issue.

As with any this type of private reporting there is no polling so not fool proof security wise.

Exodus smoke detectors work well, however, an intruder alarm is best for intruder not fire for safety reasons.

Edited by sixwheeledbeast
typos

Unlike the Excel you may not get an installation manual in the box, professional panel generally don't provide manuals as they expect you to know what your doing.

You maybe lucky enough to get one with a CD inside and therefore pdf manual.

Something like this then? ##REMOVED##

ComGSM can be tricky to setup correctly and strong signal strength is a must.

Best to use a contract sim if possible as PAYG topping up can be an issue.

As with any this type of private reporting there is no polling so not fool proof security wise.

Not 100% convinced I'm going down this route TBH.

Exodus smoke detectors work well, however, an intruder alarm is best for intruder not fire for safety reasons.

Considering it's a home diy install it's better than £9.99 twin pack smoke alarms from Asda and if it wasn't safe Texecom surely wouldn't have the option to add them to the panel? (I called their tech support for advice of best ones to use indoors). I understand for a pro install/warehouse etc they would not be the best option but for me it's something else I don't need to change batteries on or a unit with a low battery waking me up at 2am to a constant bleeping :no:

Comments much appreciated though and point taken :punk:

Edited by sixwheeledbeast
removed link

Something like this then?

Well yes that is an old version.

Engineers manuals are not posted for security reasons.

Considering it's a home diy install it's better than £9.99 twin pack smoke alarms from Asda and if it wasn't safe Texecom surely wouldn't have the option to add them to the panel? (I called their tech support for advice of best ones to use indoors). I understand for a pro install/warehouse etc they would not be the best option but for me it's something else I don't need to change batteries on or a unit with a low battery waking me up at 2am to a constant bleeping]

I agree with you, especially the beeping and batteries, but there are reasons why fire should be fire.

Really a fire alarm system or mains interlinked would be best here to keep with the rules.