Security Installer Community

Veritas Excel New Install - Eol Question

Mark02

Have you got a pic of the PCB you can post.

This is the current PCB. Engineer is defo locked .... I've tried everything.

Bloody annoyed with myself more than the extra cost. The £45 for a new unit is nothing, just wanted it up and running this weekend while I had time.

Not worried if I have to swap the whole box over, the room is getting decorated after anyway.

If I go down this route I need to know if my veritas LCD keypad will work or do I need to get a new one of them also.

Veritas Excel PCB

Edited by Mark02

If you go prem elite route, you will need a keypad to suit, the one you have won't work.

Cool. what about the wiring I have installed with eol resistors. Will I need to change the way everything is wired. ?

This isn't a problem because take my door contacts for example which are wired with only two wires I have left about 2ft of cable tucked away so if needed I can pull it through to get back to the 6 core I have used. Actually, only the 2 door contact are like this, everything else have 6 wires intact within the detectors, sounders etc as I have doubled up power wires as advised.

Iirc you can stipulate the values of resistors you are using, if this is the case then you can use what you have painstakingly fitted, if not the elite norm is 4k7 and 2k2, so you would just have to swap out what you have at the moment, note, the elite is quite a massive step up from the R8+/Excel as far as progging goes.

On 07/03/2015 at 21:05, Rulland said:

Iirc you can stipulate the values of resistors you are using, if this is the case then you can use what you have painstakingly fitted, if not the elite norm is 4k7 and 2k2, so you would just have to swap out what you have at the moment, note, the elite is quite a massive step up from the R8+/Excel as far as progging goes.

I think I have learnt a really good lesson so far and hold my hands up to maybe trying to rush through the programming which is unusual for me, I am normally quite methodical at work when programming our machinery. Hey Ho ... Your all safe in the knowledge I'll never take this up for a living LOL.

Rulland, swapping out my current resistors isn't a problem, I can easily do that if needed. I think I just need to slow down when I'm near the keypad.

I know a few of you are on the SW forum so no offence not picking one of your kits but I have just found this which also gives me the prox keypad and fobs etc. I think it's a good price worth paying. Plus it will give me some extra pir's. Not sure if the comms board will be any good to me. If I went down the communicator route I would rather have a gsm unit which I believe the elite 24 can connect to,

Texecom Premier Elite 24 Control Panel Poly - Security Warehouse

Be aware that the elite/premier 24, essentially the same, will only give you 10 zones out of the box, 8 on board and 2 off the keypad, if you require more an expander will be needed.

IMHO the upgrade you are looking at offers the best in flexibility, btw I'm not affiliated to Tex in any way, just use their kit, on numerous occasions.