Security Installer Community

Honeywell 8 Zone Intruder Alarm Problem (Hw8Mk)

Hello All,

I wonder if someone can help me please?

I installed a Honeywell 8 Zone alarm and for the last 3 months it has worked perfectly. There have been no problems whatsoever. However, on Friday when trying to set it when I was going out, it told me that there was a problem with the Hallway PIR, I cannot remember the exact fault code or what it said. It now seems to be working okay again!

I have noticed though that there are two indicator lights on the PIN setting module, Green to show it is not set and a Red indicator showing a plug icon . . . I cannot remember if this has always been like this or the red light has only just come on since the fault.

I have attached a picture to show what I mean. Can someone tell me if the red indicator light should always be on please?

Thank you.

post-64631-0-50607100-1393680519_thumb.j

Hello Al-yeti,

The "fault"returned today in unfortunately!

I thought there was a delay from the alarm being set to it becoming active.

It said fault "Hallway Zone 5". It might be a loose wire. I am hoping it's a loose wire!

How can I check the faults? Is the only way checking for the loose wires?

Hello James,

It seems like the fault is that I am now "tripping" the alarm as I am setting off the pir in the hallway as I am leaving!

This what not happening before. I need to set a delay in the alarm. I thought this was already done when I installed it. Maybe it's reset to no delay.

I might move the pir so it doesn't trip as I am leaving.

Thank you

Archived