Security Installer Community

Honeywell 8 Zone Intruder Alarm Problem (Hw8Mk)

Hello James,

I am using exactly the same settings as before.

I get the quick bleeps with the setting fault. It does not say that the tamper alarm has been activated.

I get the indication that the alarm has been set and the short bleeps to indicate that. I then have a minute to exit the property.

I have been checking the settings all morning, the delays and everything seems okay.

:confused:

• 2 weeks later...

Hello All,

Just to bring everyone up to date with this.

I telephoned Honeywell who said that the "fault" will show if any of the PIR's are tripped whilst setting the alarm. Once the PIR beam is unbroken it goes back to it's normal set.

One solution that was offered was to point the PIR away from the door entry/exit but in my mind that defeats the object if someone does break in.

I think I can live with the setting fault if the PIR beam is broken whilst exiting.

Thank you to everyone who gave me advice on this.

You're getting the setting zone fault because the zone hasn't been programmed as an Entry/Exit route. The tamper circuit on these panels is global so there is no problem with the detector, it is due to programming. Since you have installed it yourself I will assume you will have the manual with it, it's a basic panel and the change will take you all of 5 minutes. 

These are very basic panels and it's a very basic fault.

Archived