Security Installer Community

Honeywell 8 Zone Intruder Alarm Problem (Hw8Mk)

It will indicate if its activating on exit. This is normal behavior. As long as its not activating on entry then id suggest its programmed correctly and nothing is wrong. Ie if a detector in another room was in alarm it would indicate also

securitywarehouse Security Supplies from Security Warehouse

Trade Members please contact us for your TSI vetted trade discount.

I need to clarify the above post,I typed it in haste and it does not make sense even to me!

The alarm was indicating on exit before.

What it does now when trying to set it is that it says "setting fault, landing, zone 5" and it bleeps very fast. I then have to reset it again . . . so, I dare not set it when going out in case of false alarms.

Hello James,

I have been checking and have been looking into this but had to stop as it's late for fear of the alarm going off.

Is there a tamper switch in these pirs that might need pushing in or resetting? It seems strange that it was all okay for 3 months.

I am wondering if the tamper in the pir is loose . . . . or has popped out maybe

Good Morning James and Alarm Protection,

I am tempted but was hoping that there would be a simple solution. I will have check the wiring in the panel and make sure it's all okay.

Having done it this far I would rather not throw my hat in as it were.

I had that satisfaction that I had installed the alarm myself. That seems like a damp squib at the moment : (

Archived