Security Installer Community

Nice Security Guards !

dazoman1

So im on call today !!! as most of you probley understand its not the best thing to come around every other week !!!

I get a call today off a g4s guard, saying there has been works in the building and power has came off, so as you expect " ac fail " !

He said that power has been put back on which is always a good and needed a engineer reset code, now i have never worked on a atitech system nor have reset codes for it !!!

explaining that i would need to attend because i am not allowed to give out the engineer code! he tells me hes got a file in his hand with the engineer code ( which was not the one we use anyway as system has not been visited by us yet ) and decides to play around in settings! 

with me on other end of phone we managed to guide around to reset system, as it was not as simple and entering engineer and leaving to check tampers, as you would with a galaxy or texecom !

Long story short a mobile guard that actually has the brains to try and help and was happy to do so saved me a 4 hour drive to reset panel.

But as you are aware i will be contacting office to get them to change engineer code by monday !

sounds dodgy, why would an ac fail require an engineer reset.

engineer reset is to protect the firm and keep fa's as low as possible. by the sounds of it you have un done all that. From a sia point of view if one of my engineers did that they would probably be looking for a new job.

securitywarehouse Security Supplies from Security Warehouse

Trade Members please contact us for your TSI vetted trade discount.

sounds dodgy, why would an ac fail require an engineer reset.

engineer reset is to protect the firm and keep fa's as low as possible. by the sounds of it you have un done all that. From a sia point of view if one of my engineers did that they would probably be looking for a new job.

Probably?

www.securitywarehouse.co.uk/catalog/

One of our guards was called out to a job the other night not one of ours. Anyway needed an engineer reset oanel was a ATS engineer or ARC could not give anti code as they didn't have software. Engineer didn't seen prepared to travel to site so was talking him through engineer mode and he managed to default panel. Not sure if its hard ti do on these panels but made me laugh about 60 circuits and engineer did not know how to program so guard had to stay all night engineer did not even show his face. Had an interesting chat with his company the next day when they tried to blame guard.

Archived