Security Installer Community

How To Test Intruder Alarm

Crussell87

I wanted to call ours Dfor or Dave or Brian.

a customer has one called Dfor. It has a sibling whose name escapes me, but I call them itchy and scratchy as they came with the pox.

Originally said by Charles Babbage
On two occasions I have been asked [by members of Parliament], 'Pray, Mr. Babbage, if you put into the machine wrong figures, will the right answers come out?' I am not able rightly to apprehend the kind of confusion of ideas that could provoke such a question.

Why ?

Because last time I told someone they were an idiot they tried to sue me on here.

But then again am still here and they are not.

Martin may have a tarnished background. Does this mean all and sundry can rip into him?

I`m sure you were a total arsewipe once, but does that mean you are not to be respected now?

As much as I hate to say this, "Simples".

I never tried to sue you?

!

What I want to know is how do check for induced ac current, total load for battery

To check ac induced set the meter to ac then connect between mains earth and +12Vdc on panel any reading above about 0.6 Vac should be dealt with you can install a 12v spike suppresor (act make one i belive its act1313)

As for total load connect meter in series with battery set meter to current then drop mains, record the reading for normal operation, then set bells off that will then give you the current in alarm state

Hope this helps

Hi thanks for you replies

I have tested between the +12VDc and the mains earth with the meter set to ac and I get a reading of 8.63Vac

What would cause this as I purposely avoided any wiring where I could and separated them apart If they had to meet.

I do have a spike suppressor but would like to try and understand how to reduce this if it possible.

Thanks for your advice

Chris

Why ?

Because last time I told someone they were an idiot they tried to sue me on here.

But then again am still here and they are not.

Martin may have a tarnished background. Does this mean all and sundry can rip into him?

I`m sure you were a total arsewipe once, but does that mean you are not to be respected now?

As much as I hate to say this, "Simples".

Seriously, someone tried to sue you for calling them an idiot??

Did you pay them a visit?

I really can't be ar**** with it anymore.

Actually I called them worse.

A liar who sold 2nd hand goods as new. So being a total idiot in my book.

No need for a visit.

As for the name mix up, I was writing an Email at the same time, so Martin should read Matthew.

And thanks Steve for the correction, you are a total **** wipe then. As you so willingly corrected me !

Hi thanks for you replies

I have tested between the +12VDc and the mains earth with the meter set to ac and I get a reading of 8.63Vac

What would cause this as I purposely avoided any wiring where I could and separated them apart If they had to meet.

I do have a spike suppressor but would like to try and understand how to reduce this if it possible.

Thanks for your advice

Chris

You could spend days trying to work out where the induced ac is originating from or 5 mins fitting a spike suppressor.

That much induced ac is quite a lot so would almost certainly cause false alarms

Archived