Security Installer Community

Dvr Recommendation?

skywalker

the DVRs we use on all our sites are either eneo standalone ones, or geovision PC based ones, depending on project budget. we also occasionally use DS2s.

however, we've got a new job coming up where neither of those DVRs will do. its a (very big) residential house, with a big driveway leading up to it, and a sliding electric gate at the entrance.

the customer wants to be able to open the gate via the cctv app on his phone, as well as turn on the external lighting via the app. he'd also like to be able to talk back and forth to people via the intercom via the cctv app, but he's said although he'd like that, he's not too bothered if he can't have it (he's a tight git and doesn't want to pay loads more for such a small feature)

so, do any of you guys have any recommendations of a decent, standalone DVR which has at least two relays which can be controlled via a smartphone app?

if the relays could also be controlled via the web interface, that'd be a bonus.

i know the relays of a DS2 can be controlled via the netvu software, but not from a mobile :(

as an alternative, i was considering just using an eneo dvr like we usually use, and using one of these: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/CCTV-PTZ-Control-Board-4-Dome-Camera-Pan-Tilt-Zoom-/360627037864?pt=UK_CCTV&hash=item53f70be6a8 addressed as camera one (sliding gate cam) and connecting the zoom relay to the gate open trigger or something, but that seems a bit of a bodge job, especially as the part is so cheap and may not last too long.

thanks in advance...

As much as a could not believe it Y3K. We found out when taking a site over and I can't find anything in its price range that can do it. The android app it uses is called iwatch DVR 2.

You need a DVR that can be fully controlled via one port webserver. The hitel units can also do the same.

Our DVR has a 18 way input output module we can make it switch on off anything from your phone. Its not cheap but we can program the i/o remotely so if you wanted say motion in a certian area on camera two to trigger an output you can program this remotely using our client program 

What about that stuff Mr Happy linked to a month or two back, on ebay I think. It would be a separate app to the DVR one, but that may not be an issue.

Originally said by Charles Babbage
On two occasions I have been asked [by members of Parliament], 'Pray, Mr. Babbage, if you put into the machine wrong figures, will the right answers come out?' I am not able rightly to apprehend the kind of confusion of ideas that could provoke such a question.

What about that stuff Mr Happy linked to a month or two back, on ebay I think. It would be a separate app to the DVR one, but that may not be an issue.

lots of the apps are interchangeable between dvr's

Nothing is foolproof to a sufficiently talented fool.

Archived