Security Installer Community

Is This Live?

skywalker

I inferred it because you are stating that voltage pens are better instrument than an actual meter?

Safe Isolation is paramount. It is never too busy or impractical. EVER. This is why we have proving units, calibrated meters and lock off devices.

55v across a single phase. Double to get 110v. You are not an electrician.

i have never claimed to an electrician either, so what is the point if that remark?

so it is 55 vac between phases is it? interesting - not! as i don't happen to connect my Spit 110 vac drill between phases, no more my than my energy suppliers drop in 30k via my housevsockets. if i connect my 110 vac drill via a site transformer that transformer offers me strangely enough, not 55 vac but an isolated 110 vac output, or the drill gets all ditsy and don't drill, my 110 vac light don't light - i think that obstinacy must be related down the line somewhere.

point being 110 vac is offered at the broken bulb, not 55 vac, and i don't need to be an electrickery tit to know that either.

I can assure you i'm not the one being duplicitous.

pardon, can you say that again?

If you think education is difficult, try being stupid!!!!

i have never claimed to an electrician either, so what is the point if that remark?

so it is 55 vac between phases is it? interesting - not! as i don't happen to connect my Spit 110 vac drill between phases, no more my than my energy suppliers drop in 30k via my housevsockets. if i connect my 110 vac drill via a site transformer that transformer offers me strangely enough, not 55 vac but an isolated 110 vac output, or the drill gets all ditsy and don't drill, my 110 vac light don't light - i think that obstinacy must be related down the line somewhere.

point being 110 vac is offered at the broken bulb, not 55 vac, and i don't need to be an electrickery tit to know that either.

pardon, can you say that again?

Told you before. Look carefully at the nonsense you post.

Mind you, after this last bit of dribble i suspect you were busy tethering up your horse.

The 110 as stated is single phase and is 110 v rms. 55-0-55

so at any one time the full voltage is 55 above or below earth.

its the volts that jolts, its the mills that kills

Never heard that saying before. Quite like it.

www.securitywarehouse.co.uk/catalog/

110Vac centre tapped.

So from one conductor to earth is only 55Vac.

Voltages of above 50Vac and currents above 30 mA can cause cardiac arrest.

Hence the use of 30mA RCD's

It's not impossible to get a 110Vac shock if your "clever" enough to be in contact with both conductors.

I thought it was 50ma for cardiac arrest

But yes we do use 30

Like james said, its the current that will kill you.

Im suprised arf didnt know these things after all these years, but then again i learnt this on spark course

using the magic of google

50v is for hand lamps & 25v for hand lamps in damp or confined spaces,

Yep - the small purple sockets are for inspection lamps. You'll see them on large machinery in quarries etc. as well.

I have a blog, some of which is about alarm security and reverse engineering:
http://cybergibbons.com/

Archived