Security Installer Community

Home Automation Panels

Well for instance I use myth for my media at home

As a small example as what it can do. My setup has 4 HD satalite tuners and 4 Freeview.

I can record multiple channels from the same multiplex so im at 6 per multilplex and 8 tuners. That allows me in theory to record 48 things at the same time.

I have 12 Tb of recording capacity on my myth master and i have sleves in the lounge, kitchen and bedroom. Bathroom is next.

All linked into my cctv system (using our dvr) all using low cost zotac boxes as slaves. 

Plus i can stream over http for mobile use when remote and also locally with tablets etc.

I like the Myth TV idea but I found Plex and wow what an easy piece of software, it works with my Samsung TV streams directly to the TV Ive downloaded the droid app and I can stream to my tablets and phone, I havent downloaded the Ipad app yet. It works with Linux Windows or Apple too, and best of all it was free

I like the Myth TV idea but I found Plex and wow what an easy piece of software, it works with my Samsung TV streams directly to the TV Ive downloaded the droid app and I can stream to my tablets and phone, I havent downloaded the Ipad app yet. It works with Linux Windows or Apple too, and best of all it was free

Just having a mess with this just now, I have used xbmc for ages and like it and have it set up for my use, how do you rate PLEX and is there somewhere to stream www radio?

eta, OK found it now.

Nothing is foolproof to a sufficiently talented fool.

As a small example as what it can do. My setup has 4 HD satalite tuners and 4 Freeview.

I can record multiple channels from the same multiplex so im at 6 per multilplex and 8 tuners. That allows me in theory to record 48 things at the same time.

I have 12 Tb of recording capacity on my myth master and i have slaves in the lounge, kitchen and bedroom. Bathroom is next.

All linked into my cctv system (using our dvr) all using low cost zotac boxes as slaves. 

Plus i can stream over http for mobile use when remote and also locally with tablets etc.

Jammy bugger, though the bedroom one is a bit worrying... 

btn_myprofile_160x33.png

Just having a mess with this just now, I have used xbmc for ages and like it and have it set up for my use, how do you rate PLEX and is there somewhere to stream www radio?

eta, OK found it now.

I think Plex is amazing it does everything my Xstreamer does without the extra box next to the TV. I can even use my lappy as a plex server (I downloaded it installed it on my lappy before installing it on my server) I love the way it adds the pictures and information about the films making browsing my film library a breeze I used to have to do that manually in the past. And the Samsung App on the TV works a treat, though it doesnt do photos just yet. I hadnt tried the radio on plex I use grooveshark for music (I have a tab plugged ito my hifi especially for this purpose)

• 2 weeks later...

Archived