Security Installer Community

Home Automation Panels

Well for instance I use myth for my media at home

As a small example as what it can do. My setup has 4 HD satalite tuners and 4 Freeview.

I can record multiple channels from the same multiplex so im at 6 per multilplex and 8 tuners. That allows me in theory to record 48 things at the same time.

I have 12 Tb of recording capacity on my myth master and i have sleves in the lounge, kitchen and bedroom. Bathroom is next.

All linked into my cctv system (using our dvr) all using low cost zotac boxes as slaves. 

Plus i can stream over http for mobile use when remote and also locally with tablets etc.

securitywarehouse Security Supplies from Security Warehouse

Trade Members please contact us for your TSI vetted trade discount.

Next time im at mine ill do a vid on the media side. But only have a 10" sub at the moment in the lounge.

I went to myth as i could only get 720 from the sky hd. I get 1080p from the sat tuners.

yes and no. If the integration stops for the client at the screen then yes but id guess sky will extend that. Its easy for them to offer security and the family would be stupid not to offer it. 

I'm currently trying to put something together for the Galaxy range. I have a VirtualKeypad HTTP server running on Raspberry Pi in the Dimension, Flex and G3 panels.

Some drivers are currently available for the Galaxy range, but these are very expensive and that's enough to put most off.  I'm writing in Microtech, so am not limited with SIA like some other HA implementations. 

I hope to be able to provide floor plans, logs and self monitoring with this pretty soon. Probably of more interest for the domestic gadgeteer :)

The E080-2 hardware wasn't fast enough for the firmware. The module was just too slow to provide a decent HTTP server and the upgrade process too complex. The Pi is a much cheaper / faster more viable solution. I've spent quite a bit of time working on connectivity solutions for the G2 panels of late, but now there are more low cost Linux boards appearing, I'm porting code over for them. Keeps me busy...

Archived