Security Installer Community

Home Automation Panels

co. local to me does HA for residential, looking at their case studies there main interest is commercial work.

whilst tech filters down to the extend where big tellys are the norm, a professionally installed spec like

Whole house Lutron Homeworks lighting and blind control
5 Ipad/4 touchpanel AMX based control system
Kalaidescape Video server system
Vision HD 8x8 HDMI switcher
3D Bluray DVD distributed throughout
2 x Sky HD receivers distributed with full metadata on all control devices
Whole house CCTV system with remote and Ipad access
Whole house audio system including 7 internal and 2 external
AMX gate entry system with garage door automation
Full system function via worldwide remote access

must be ballpark same £ as new  A4 ?

post-17668-0-23358300-1357516759_thumb.j

post-17668-0-55612200-1357516851_thumb.j

I can see the likes of you, I & the forum's dentist having self installed system, I can't see a large enough market of those with deep enough pockets to pay for.

Mr th2.jpg Veritas God

nice house mr h

But im not thinking full blown crestron etc. Im thinking our world. ie mid range. I think there is a demand for what we do with a bit of HA. We all have clients where the HA is worth more the bricks but im thinking more normal. Not really media more a bit of retro fitted automation as part of the system. 

You wouldnt use z-wave etc as part of a fully wired solution (ie your place dave) but many would like a bit of your setup without the wiring

James how much are the Zotac's and are they barebones? have you considered Aspire Revo's?

Depends on if your using them for media. If so you need one with an accelerator for 1080p stuff. if not about £100, then add an 8 gig ssd and a 1gig stick of ram, so say £150

securitywarehouse Security Supplies from Security Warehouse

Trade Members please contact us for your TSI vetted trade discount.

We all have clients where the HA is worth more the bricks but im thinking more normal. Not really media more a bit of retro fitted automation as part of the system.

The job's just a piccy I've pinched off the web,

IMHO the client wants the media above any other function ?

I suspect the Audio/TV shop & sat/ariel men will be the publics 1st port of call & the security aspect will be cctv 1st then & maybe alarm, unlikely to want proper monitoring or proper maint

Mr th2.jpg Veritas God

DSC which is owned by Tyco allows you integrate just about everything into there panels. Installation can be a little tricky at first but they do offer good tech support services. The main UK distributor is www.wtxsecurity.co.uk 

DSC which is owned by Tyco allows you integrate just about everything into there panels. Installation can be a little tricky at first but they do offer good tech support services. The main UK distributor is www.wtxsecurity.co.uk 

Still not EN graded ?

Mr th2.jpg Veritas God

Archived