Security Installer Community

Nice Speaker Installation Down The Local Bowling Alley

protecting land,money making scam more like.
I'm not here as a spokesman for the parking industry, I've had nothing to do with it for a few years but there are places where people parking where they shouldn't causes issues for landowners and it isn't unfair they should be able to do something about that. Of course car park operators are in it for the cash, but the landowners that hire the car park operators don't hire them for cash reasons. McDonald's for example, want parking spaces for their customers and in certain places hire car park management companies to make sure spaces are available for legitimate customers. The is a macdonalds near us that often I drive past because there are no parking spaces, and each time I do, that costs then £15. The car park operators make profits form their work, but so do we as so does any private company. It amazes me how many people whine quorum getting parking tickets when they break the rules. It's like a speeding ticket, if you don't speed, you don't get them, if you do, and you drive past a camera you get a fine and some points on your license. I hardly think its unfair. Maybe it's just my black and white thought process but if you break rules, you can't cry when you get punished. Like I mentioned previously, I've only had 2 tickets and I deserved them both.
No FA`s and talk of "fines" makes me wonder.No FA rates for HUD`s????? Even confirmed, we all know the end user wants to try it out to be sure. You`re coming across as the best company in the country, and I thought where I made improvements we were good.We do a good job, but so do many others. How long have you worked in the " Security Industry",  a question, that is all?
15 years

www.securitywarehouse.co.uk/catalog/

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply
protecting land,money making scam more like.

Yep. A shysters charter run by scumbag cnuts. What they relied on was public ignorance and fear of authority. Problem for scammers is contract law and trespass. Shows them for what they are, and were.

Got one of those so called PCNs (OKA a worthless invoice) in front of me now. Likely to be expensive for someone, but not me. You see, the problem with Law is you have to be correct, near enough just won't do.

Yep. A shysters charter run by scumbag cnuts. What they relied on was public ignorance and fear of authority. Problem for scammers is contract law and trespass. Shows them for what they are, and were.

Got one of those so called PCNs (OKA a worthless invoice) in front of me now. Likely to be expensive for someone, but not me. You see, the problem with Law is you have to be correct, near enough just won't do.

What did you get it for?

Lets forget the parking stuff.

Agreed, I got off topic with it. After all it is the security installer not the car park operator

Although if McDonalds carpark is full it is generally because its full of customers.

In London anyway.

My local one is, luckily for macdonalds the little chef next door shut down recently so people use that car park now.

How long have you been in this industry?

15 years

Parking is always going to be a contentious issue.

As for our industry, as always it is risk vs cost... I like the fact that you are looking at things differently Matt.  I might not agree with all of your policies, but I do like that you are not just settling for doing it like it has always been done.  Every trade needs innovators, innovation is not always good but at least it questions the status quo

Regarding the high false alarms rates passed to police that you mentioned, you are right that it needs to be resolved.  It is simply not sustainable even though we have already made very good progress in the last decade alone.

I think the best approach to this considering the attitude of our industry is to at first highlight best practise wherever it exists and shout loudly to all in the trade about it.

We do a lot of peer reviewed award schemes, I would like to see more focus in these for result driven performance through structures and procedures implemented and equipment / software innovations.

btn_myprofile_160x33.png

15 in what aspect?

Alarm fitter?

Service engineer?

Company Owner?

Sorry about the repeats, posts are crossing paths.

i have had a couple of speeding tickets,tho to be fair the police car wasnt 10 inches high and 20 ft up a wall..

PMSL

One particular  of this was recently won agianst Tesco, where the 6x6 inch...........sign was behind the gate barrier arm.

I'm not here as a spokesman for the parking industry, I've had nothing to do with it for a few years but there are places where people parking where they shouldn't causes issues for landowners and it isn't unfair they should be able to do something about that. Of course car park operators are in it for the cash, but the landowners that hire the car park operators don't hire them for cash reasons. McDonald's for example, want parking spaces for their customers and in certain places hire car park management companies to make sure spaces are available for legitimate customers. The is a macdonalds near us that often I drive past because there are no parking spaces, and each time I do, that costs then £15. The car park operators make profits form their work, but so do we as so does any private company. It amazes me how many people whine quorum getting parking tickets when they break the rules. It's like a speeding ticket, if you don't speed, you don't get them, if you do, and you drive past a camera you get a fine and some points on your license. I hardly think its unfair. Maybe it's just my black and white thought process but if you break rules, you can't cry when you get punished. Like I mentioned previously, I've only had 2 tickets and I deserved them both.

Still at it eh?

Sneakily moralising about rules, 'the Law' fines etc. to try and give some credibility to those scamming cnuts that is the private parking industry.

What was it the Judge said to the clown from Excel parking earlier this year??

"If you ever have reason to appear before me again and use that argument, make sure you bring a toothbrush!"

Priceless.

Parking is always going to be a contentious issue. As for our industry, as always it is risk vs cost... I like the fact that you are looking at things differently Matt.  I might not agree with all of your policies, but I do like that you are not just settling for doing it like it has always been done.  Every trade needs innovators, innovation is not always good but at least it questions the status quo Regarding the high false alarms rates passed to police that you mentioned, you are right that it needs to be resolved.  It is simply not sustainable even though we have already made very good progress in the last decade alone. I think the best approach to this considering the attitude of our industry is to at first highlight best practise wherever it exists and shout loudly to all in the trade about it. We do a lot of peer reviewed award schemes, I would like to see more focus in these for result driven performance through structures and procedures implemented and equipment / software innovations.
I sometimes wonder why we bother as all we get thrown at us is xyz alarms did it and they were NACOSS GOLD. It takes a lot of explaining that by upgrading kit at our cost and not allowing them to get away with alarm after alarm and say nothing is in their best interest. I don't think you have to be a genius to work out if we don't fix the false alarm issue, it's only a matter of time before we get god where to go by the cops, and rightly so.I know some of our methods are very different, and may seem anti customer but the aim is for them to have a system that actually does what it should and doesn't cause trouble to the user, us or the police. I love this industry and take it as a privilege that police will attend alarms we pass to them because we have a perceived credibility. I'd hate to see the day where we have to send in a guarding co first because we lost four credibility as an industry to do a proper job.
15 in what aspect?Alarm fitter?Service engineer?Company Owner?   5 1/2 years on the tools both install and service (although I spent much more time on service than install as my physique is more built for service!) and the rest running my own.

What did you get it for?

I collect them for fun. Why? because 1. i can. 2. the empty threats are just that, empty threats - why? all based on lies and twisting of facts.

Have a look at the piccy, see anything wrong with it?

The clients involved paid substantial damages to us. Remember that MP got trading standards involved, the BPA, the police and DVLA? The outcome no case to answer, BPA AOS approval and the clients paying huge damages to us.

Sounds like early termination of a contract ?

Mr? Veritas God

I collect them for fun. Why? because 1. i can. 2. the empty threats are just that, empty threats - why? all based on lies and twisting of facts.

How would the ANPR know who was disabled, unless ASDA had a list of the registrations of disabled users?

Fill me in, the error doesn't leap out at me . . .

Didn't think it would.

But there are at least 5 major errors on there. All legal issues, and not trivial ones either.

Like i said, scamming cnuts.

One of the errors is the standard one they all use. The very one the Judge referred to when making his toothbrush comment.

Didn't think it would.

But there are at least 5 major errors on there. All legal issues, and not trivial ones either.

Like i said, scamming cnuts.

With BOA AOS approval and full access to the DVLA database.

Anyway, as with the wonderful pepipoo website I'm sure there are plenty of people advising motorists on such matters. I'm not here to debate how previous competitors form 5 years ago operate their business. I'm not a BPA PR man. I did here about a case where excel took I think 4 or 5 lawyers from Pannone to a case and they got laughed out of court. I don't know the facts of the case, that's all I heard.

Maybe it's a simplistic view, but if ASDA don't want you in their car park for more than an hour, from my side it would be easier just to comply and if I didn't like the rules, just to shop elsewhere that didn't impose such rules. Just a personal opinion where I could avoid all the hassle.

Anyways I'm getting evil eyes for being on the ipad all night so if you want to give me more hassle regarding the BPA ill gladly take the bashing although its nothing to do with me personally but it will have to be tomorrow otherwise my nuts won't be alive if I stay on here much longer.

With BOA AOS approval and full access to the DVLA database. Anyway, as with the wonderful pepipoo website I'm sure there are plenty of people advising motorists on such matters. I'm not here to debate how previous competitors form 5 years ago operate their business. I'm not a BPA PR man. I did here about a case where excel took I think 4 or 5 lawyers from Pannone to a case and they got laughed out of court. I don't know the facts of the case, that's all I heard. Maybe it's a simplistic view, but if ASDA don't want you in their car park for more than an hour, from my side it would be easier just to comply and if I didn't like the rules, just to shop elsewhere that didn't impose such rules. Just a personal opinion where I could avoid all the hassle.

SRS is currently appealing a £300K + payout through a 3rd Tier Tax Tribunal...with the Vatman following close behind.

What you are avoiding admitting though is the majority of charges are legally unenforceable, as well you know.

As for parking there for longer than 1 Hour. If i choose to park there for 3 hours i will do so. Nothing anyone, Asda, TCP or anyone can do about it. See, the customer has Law on their side. Also a no little matter of planning permission!!

Asda are aware the signs are wrong. TCP have been told by Asda to change them, but won't.

Morals, ethics, fair play are not terms to be associated to anyone from the parking scammers club.

SRS is currently appealing a £300K + payout through a 3rd Tier Tax Tribunal...with the Vatman following close behind.

What you are avoiding admitting though is the majority of charges are legally unenforceable, as well you know.

As for parking there for longer than 1 Hour. If i choose to park there for 3 hours i will do so. Nothing anyone, Asda, TCP or anyone can do about it. See, the customer has Law on their side. Also a no little matter of planning permission!!

Asda are aware the signs are wrong. TCP have been told by Asda to change them, but won't.

Morals, ethics, fair play are not terms to be associated to anyone from the parking scammers club.

Totally agree that the majority of notices issued by ppc with the current laws are very much on the motorists side.

Look forward to chapter 2 tomorrow.

Night all

Well for the morning then 5 ½ years isn`t 15 in my book. 10,000 manuals in 5 yrs on the tools, wow.

As for physique, I doub`t that is a hinderance for installation or a few of us here would never have installed anything. And I have seen you and you`re not that big. I know 6 ft 10 " engineers fitting. No doubt there are bigger. Although I think height isnt your issue :P But I jest, it is xmas afterall.

ANPR is not the way forward for parking for reasons YOU well know and as pointed at.

Example a disabled persons badge is not tied to the car, but of course you know that ..................................

But you seem to be trying to use the same ethics as you did in a previous incarnation within this industry.

It's like a speeding ticket, if you don't speed, you don't get them, if you do, and you drive past a camera you get a fine and some points on your license. I hardly think its unfair. Maybe it's just my black and white thought process but if you break rules, you can't cry when you get punished. Like I mentioned previously, I've only had 2 tickets and I deserved them both.

Wrong. Many get a PCN for "looking" like they are breaking parking restrictions.

I have only had a parking ticket twice and both times I was unloading in a loading bay, legally.

I have a friend that got a PCN on a private car park.

He could prove he hadn't clocked out at work, compared with the time of arrival on the ticket.

You can't get a speeding fine for looking like you are breaking the speed limit.

This is the huge difference, they cannot be compared side by side.

I thought you were going to use DPA for cameras.

I will say it again Matts bus model is not dissimilar to our own. I liken the withdrawal of police response to where we have change confirmed to Keyholder only until the status quo is resumed.

Customers!

Archived