Security Installer Community

Nice Speaker Installation Down The Local Bowling Alley

All but 1 PCN have I had to pay. The rest contested and proven they were wrongly issued.

I have been threatened by Council wardens and almost come to blows on a private estate with a permit and correctly parked. As I was cutting off the padlock, handy to have a genny and grinders in the back :D They illegally clamped me, I did the same to remove.

What makes these people think they are gods?

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have only had a parking ticket twice and both times I was unloading in a loading bay, legally.
Did you ask them to revoke and use your job sheet as evidence? We have them cancelled all the time when we have a genuine cause, I find the system very fair. Tickets are part of the job in some areas.

Customers!

I thought you were going to use DPA for cameras.

I will say it again Matts bus model is not dissimilar to our own. I liken the withdrawal of police response to where we have change confirmed to Keyholder only until the status quo is resumed.

DPA not relevant to that pic.

However, several Statutes are. Not that the slimeball cnuts think it applies to them though.

From the above quote, as I have one persons replies on ignore.

It seems a couple now want to fine customers and withhold URN`s.

What would our SELF REGULATING  bodies think of this? A new certificate issued , as in more revenue? For one in place already? Oh dear, more charges to the end user, and be hanged if you do not pay.  

Is this becoming a sub field within SSAIB and or NSI?

Is the OP a member of either ?

I think a lot of bull is now being exposed as the above goes, to include the parking issues (Which although assured are finished with, still linger in certain mentions in our House of Politicians. ).

Sorry to butt in here,

This is an interesting read, However I dont have a clue on car park rules for private clamping etc.
Having looked at the ASDA sign posted above, This has apparently a few errors on it, ?

Would someone please kindly point this out to me, As I had a charge about 15 months ago at Tesco
Some idiot before me had parked about a foot over the lane markers, So I just followed suit as others did.

When I returned to my van, I got a fixed penalty charge for it, Reason was for obstructing a parking space.
No matter what I tried, I was forced to pay the charge, They would not listen to a word I had to say

Would appreciate it if someone could clear the "obvious" issues with the sign.

Regards,

From the above quote, as I have one persons replies on ignore.

It seems a couple now want to fine customers and withhold URN`s.

What would our SELF REGULATING  bodies think of this? A new certificate issued , as in more revenue? For one in place already? Oh dear, more charges to the end user, and be hanged if you do not pay.  

Is this becoming a sub field within SSAIB and or NSI?

Is the OP a member of either ?

I think a lot of bull is now being exposed as the above goes, to include the parking issues (Which although assured are finished with, still linger in certain mentions in our House of Politicians. ).

Perhaps the use of the word 'fine' was a freudian slip?

Now, unless someone has suddenly got statute law on their side, become a magistrate or a judge, to 'fine' someone will land that person on the naughty step.

Sorry to butt in here,

This is an interesting read, However I dont have a clue on car park rules for private clamping etc.

Having looked at the ASDA sign posted above, This has apparently a few errors on it, ?

Would someone please kindly point this out to me, As I had a charge about 15 months ago at Tesco

Some idiot before me had parked about a foot over the lane markers, So I just followed suit as others did.

When I returned to my van, I got a fixed penalty charge for it, Reason was for obstructing a parking space.

No matter what I tried, I was forced to pay the charge, They would not listen to a word I had to say

Would appreciate it if someone could clear the "obvious" issues with the sign.

Regards,

Well, for starters,

The company does not exist.

Breach of planning regulations

Contravenes Equalities Act 2010

They do you?

Re fining etc.

We try to control our subs. What we do is advise they suspend the urn. If they dont and continue, we up the reset fee. This is in our contract

Do they usually take you up on the offer of help or continue and yell when they get their 3 strikes?

www.securitywarehouse.co.uk/catalog/

re fining...

Not you as well?

Cubit you got have me struggling with the two. The parking sign is a contract which I would hazard is enforceable by the fact you actually park thus agree. It doesn't say "fine" and only Matt used that term and retracted. We charge as do others for our inconvenience, Now please tell where we are falling foul?
Re fining etc.

We try to control our subs. What we do is advise they suspend the urn. If they dont and continue, we up the reset fee. This is in our contract

James why wouldn't you consider our route. if you have EF place you sub on key holder only and let them make the call to Police or not.

Customers!

Cubit you got have me struggling with the two. The parking sign is a contract which I would hazard is enforceable by the fact you actually park thus agree. It doesn't say "fine" and only Matt used that term and retracted. We charge as do others for our inconvenience, Now please tell where we are falling foul?

What their point is, is that there are 2 sets of parking rules. Public land that has robust sets of rules that can be enforced in the courts and private land that sadly doesn't. His point really is that because there isn't a strong set of laws to backup the parking operators that he can break as many parking rules as he wants and there's not a thing anyone can do about it which is really correct. It's the same argument that if there wasn't an enforceable law for committing burglary then it would be ok to rob people as there's no law to punish people for doing so. My personal view is if I park on someone's land, they have the right to determine its use and I abide by that irrespective of public / private land.

What their point is, is that there are 2 sets of parking rules. Public land that has robust sets of rules that can be enforced in the courts and private land that sadly doesn't. His point really is that because there isn't a strong set of laws to backup the parking operators that he can break as many parking rules as he wants and there's not a thing anyone can do about it which is really correct. It's the same argument that if there wasn't an enforceable law for committing burglary then it would be ok to rob people as there's no law to punish people for doing so.
A contract can be argued in a civil case and I would have thought this was the case for the Asda parking, am I wrong. In any event I prefer order.

In our business we use the term " contract by intent"

Customers!

Well for the morning then 5 ½ years isn`t 15 in my book. 10,000 manuals in 5 yrs on the tools, wow.As for physique, I doub`t that is a hinderance for installation or a few of us here would never have installed anything. And I have seen you and you`re not that big. I know 6 ft 10 " engineers fitting. No doubt there are bigger. Although I think height isnt your issue :P But I jest, it is xmas afterall. ANPR is not the way forward for parking for reasons YOU well know and as pointed at.Example a disabled persons badge is not tied to the car, but of course you know that ..................................But you seem to be trying to use the same ethics as you did in a previous incarnation within this industry.
Why does the fact I only spent 5 1/2 years on the tools and the rest of the time supporting engineers, building an arc, implementing networks, r&d of our own products make me a less value engineer? If I'd have spent 15 years on the tools, I wouldn't know 10% of what I do today.
A contract can be argued in a civil case and I would have thought this was the case for the Asda parking, am I wrong. In any event I prefer order.In our business we use the term " contract by intent"
The problem is you have to rely on small claims which is cost prohibitive and some judges award a judgement, often they don't. When a parking company gets a judgement they chirp about it as a victory and so does the motorist when they win a case. What needs to happen is for parking to be regulated in the same way irrespective of who's land it is and people who park wrong get a ticket which if you don't pay gets escalated to a bailiff.The current situation leads on private land to the motorist in the know sticking 2 fingers up at the landowner and the parking company. I was in macdonalds the other day and there are 4 disabled bays and I watched over 20 minutes numerous people abuse them and with no enforcement that has teeth, people will continue to do it. I'm sure it's the same in the supermarkets.

morning matt, you ready for round 2?? think you're getting a bit of a hard time here (unjustified imo).

I always get grief, I speak my mind and don't hide my views or behind cb handles so it is to be expected. I've not had anything to do with parking for 5 years but my views on it haven't changed. When you get a driving license, you agree to play by the rules, and if you don't you get fines, points and if your really bad you get it taken off of you. Parking is always an emotive subject but to me it's quite simple. Stick to the speed limits, park in accordance with the rules and no one will hassle you. Break the rules, you take a chance that someone will. Don't forget I'm also not worthy of claiming to be an engineer as I only spent 5 1/2 years with ladders on the roof so as I moved up to do other things, I don't know as much.

We dont call it a fine. But we need some control. Id rather not have them as a customer affecting our figures. It early happens as most listen to us. But some dont until it costs them and then we get them onside or they become someone else FALSE alarm stat. I can't suspend the urn

securitywarehouse Security Supplies from Security Warehouse

Trade Members please contact us for your TSI vetted trade discount.

The parking sign is a contract which I would hazard is enforceable by the fact you actually park thus agree.

IMHO The sign pictured is enforceable as affixing a sign to your own windscreen saying you want damages for getting a ticket.

Mr? Veritas God

We dont call it a fine. But we need some control. Id rather not have them as a customer affecting our figures. It early happens as most listen to us. But some dont until it costs them and then we get them onside or they become someone else FALSE alarm stat. I can't suspend the urn
Someone who thinks the same as me, alleluia. Someone else who actually cares about their stats.
Someone who thinks the same as me, alleluia. Someone else who actually cares about their stats.

A contract can be argued in a civil case and I would have thought this was the case for the Asda parking, am I wrong. In any event I prefer order.In our business we use the term " contract by intent"
So ask yourself why they don't.Reason?The scammers set the excess price to match that of the councils/highways. And only in recent times have they stopped referring to these unenforceable demands as fines.Invariably they can only claim for losses. And on a free car park that loss is?? Yep, zero. Anything else is a penalty. They can't do that.Even better, due to the greed of these scammers they thought their income was vat free. Oh dear oh dear.Only the standard charge is vat free. All other charges are vat payable.When you send out invoices do you include your vat registration number?Of course you do. Illegal not to. You'll notice these lowlife cnuts don't. By the way, paperwork from the lowlife are invoices, nothing more.Regarding the word fine. It too to easy to slip the word in yet surprising how many fall for it.Try it yourself and see what happens to you if you take the customer to chat the local Judge.

And for the record, I doubt anyone would complain about parking charges as long as they were fair and equitable AND LEGAL. Me included.

So ask yourself why they don't.

Reason?

The scammers set the excess price to match that of the councils/highways. And only in recent times have they stopped referring to these unenforceable demands as fines.

Invariably they can only claim for losses. And on a free car park that loss is?? Yep, zero. Anything else is a penalty. They can't do that.

Even better, due to the greed of these scammers they thought their income was vat free. Oh dear oh dear.

Only the standard charge is vat free. All other charges are vat payable.

When you send out invoices do you include your vat registration number?

Of course you do. Illegal not to. You'll notice these lowlife cnuts don't. By the way, paperwork from the lowlife are invoices, nothing more.

Regarding the word fine. It too to easy to slip the word in yet surprising how many fall for it.

Try it yourself and see what happens to you if you take the customer to chat the local Judge.And for the record, I doubt anyone would complain about parking charges as long as they were fair and equitable AND LEGAL. Me included.

Understood, so the issue is not about ticketing per say, the issue is that it's not got the legislation behind it that public land has? What do they charge out of interest on public tickets?

And for the record, I doubt anyone would complain about parking charges as long as they were fair and equitable AND LEGAL. Me included.

so you know it's wrong (parking on others land without permission that is) but it's the way in which it's enforced you disagree with??  

you seem very bitter about the method of implementation to me which is odd as it's the actual not being allowed to park where you feel like being restrcted which normally evokes those kind of bitter thoughts.

Understood, so the issue is not about ticketing per say, the issue is that it's not got the legislation behind it that public land has? What do they charge out of interest on public tickets?

Nothing to do with that at all.

Go back to the sign.

The company do NOT exist in a legal entity

Contravenes Equalities Act 2010 (ignorance is not an excuse)

Contravenes Planning Restrictions - these were renewed in Oct 2011. Strict terms

Contravenes DPA - for a start, they ain't registered, how can they be? They don't exist.

Non compliant with their own agreed T&Cs, agreements and COP

etc etc etc

So, even after all these years. Dodgy practice still rife.

So ask yourself why they don't. Reason? The scammers set the excess price to match that of the councils/highways. And only in recent times have they stopped referring to these unenforceable demands as fines. Invariably they can only claim for losses. And on a free car park that loss is?? Yep, zero. Anything else is a penalty. They can't do that. Even better, due to the greed of these scammers they thought their income was vat free. Oh dear oh dear. Only the standard charge is vat free. All other charges are vat payable. When you send out invoices do you include your vat registration number? Of course you do. Illegal not to. You'll notice these lowlife cnuts don't. By the way, paperwork from the lowlife are invoices, nothing more. Regarding the word fine. It too to easy to slip the word in yet surprising how many fall for it. Try it yourself and see what happens to you if you take the customer to chat the local Judge.

Cubit had you listed one of those dirt patch parking co with hidden signage i would have agreed, but you used Asda. McDonalds was mentioned and i will use M&S, In my village all car parks are pay and display, were on a tram route into Bury and the area is a wash with partial comuters. M&S give 2 hours and the cheek as you say Cnuts shop elsewhere leaving shoppers of M&S with nowhere to park. These are fare signs IMO and obviously in the opinion of many honest fare folk. My wife could easily be charged with criminal damage just for her attitude to disabled parking ignorance.

You choose to ignore and laugh in the face of a reasonable contract and you come down in my esteem.

They are fare

parking.pdf

Customers!

Cubit had you listed one of those dirt patch parking co with hidden signage i would have agreed, but you used Asda. McDonalds was mentioned and i will use M&S, In my village all car parks are pay and display, were on a tram route into Bury and the area is a wash with partial comuters. M&S give 2 hours and the cheek as you say Cnuts shop elsewhere leaving shoppers of M&S with nowhere to park. These are fare signs IMO and obviously in the opinion of many honest fare folk. My wife could easily be charged with criminal damage just for her attitude to disabled parking ignorance.

You choose to ignore and laugh in the face of a reasonable contract and you come down in my esteem.

They are fare

[img=http://www.thesecurityinstaller.co.uk/community/public/style_images/master/attachicon.gif] http://www.thesecurityinstaller.co.uk/community/index.php?app=core&module=attach&section=attach&attach_rel_module=post&attach_id=6602'>parking.pdf

I agree, but sadly there isn't the law to assist private landowners from these motorists and I doubt there will be anytime soon leaving people who don't feel the rules apply to them, to do what they want but where does it stop? Like I said earlier, if burglary didn't have the law behind it to prosecute people, would people here who openly stick 2 fingers up to parking signs then become burglars, because there is no legislation to do you if you commit the offence?

Archived