Security Installer Community

Nice Speaker Installation Down The Local Bowling Alley

Parking is always going to be a contentious issue. As for our industry, as always it is risk vs cost... I like the fact that you are looking at things differently Matt.  I might not agree with all of your policies, but I do like that you are not just settling for doing it like it has always been done.  Every trade needs innovators, innovation is not always good but at least it questions the status quo Regarding the high false alarms rates passed to police that you mentioned, you are right that it needs to be resolved.  It is simply not sustainable even though we have already made very good progress in the last decade alone. I think the best approach to this considering the attitude of our industry is to at first highlight best practise wherever it exists and shout loudly to all in the trade about it. We do a lot of peer reviewed award schemes, I would like to see more focus in these for result driven performance through structures and procedures implemented and equipment / software innovations.
I sometimes wonder why we bother as all we get thrown at us is xyz alarms did it and they were NACOSS GOLD. It takes a lot of explaining that by upgrading kit at our cost and not allowing them to get away with alarm after alarm and say nothing is in their best interest. I don't think you have to be a genius to work out if we don't fix the false alarm issue, it's only a matter of time before we get god where to go by the cops, and rightly so.I know some of our methods are very different, and may seem anti customer but the aim is for them to have a system that actually does what it should and doesn't cause trouble to the user, us or the police. I love this industry and take it as a privilege that police will attend alarms we pass to them because we have a perceived credibility. I'd hate to see the day where we have to send in a guarding co first because we lost four credibility as an industry to do a proper job.
15 in what aspect?Alarm fitter?Service engineer?Company Owner?   5 1/2 years on the tools both install and service (although I spent much more time on service than install as my physique is more built for service!) and the rest running my own.

www.securitywarehouse.co.uk/catalog/

What did you get it for?

I collect them for fun. Why? because 1. i can. 2. the empty threats are just that, empty threats - why? all based on lies and twisting of facts.

Have a look at the piccy, see anything wrong with it?

The clients involved paid substantial damages to us. Remember that MP got trading standards involved, the BPA, the police and DVLA? The outcome no case to answer, BPA AOS approval and the clients paying huge damages to us.

Sounds like early termination of a contract ?

Mr th2.jpg Veritas God

I collect them for fun. Why? because 1. i can. 2. the empty threats are just that, empty threats - why? all based on lies and twisting of facts.

Have a look at the piccy, see anything wrong with it?

How would the ANPR know who was disabled, unless ASDA had a list of the registrations of disabled users?

Fill me in, the error doesn't leap out at me . . .

Didn't think it would.

But there are at least 5 major errors on there. All legal issues, and not trivial ones either.

Like i said, scamming cnuts.

One of the errors is the standard one they all use. The very one the Judge referred to when making his toothbrush comment.

Didn't think it would.

But there are at least 5 major errors on there. All legal issues, and not trivial ones either.

Like i said, scamming cnuts.

With BOA AOS approval and full access to the DVLA database.

Anyway, as with the wonderful pepipoo website I'm sure there are plenty of people advising motorists on such matters. I'm not here to debate how previous competitors form 5 years ago operate their business. I'm not a BPA PR man. I did here about a case where excel took I think 4 or 5 lawyers from Pannone to a case and they got laughed out of court. I don't know the facts of the case, that's all I heard.

Maybe it's a simplistic view, but if ASDA don't want you in their car park for more than an hour, from my side it would be easier just to comply and if I didn't like the rules, just to shop elsewhere that didn't impose such rules. Just a personal opinion where I could avoid all the hassle.

Anyways I'm getting evil eyes for being on the ipad all night so if you want to give me more hassle regarding the BPA ill gladly take the bashing although its nothing to do with me personally but it will have to be tomorrow otherwise my nuts won't be alive if I stay on here much longer.

Archived