Security Installer Community

Quality Work

Ronnie

I got the best training when I was 17 years old.

I worked under a guy that was 50.

I was not allowed out a loft untill every cable was clipped by his way and if not done right I would start again.

For weeks it was tough then one day "fit that panel young un"

I knew from then that I had been accepted into the team.

I would term that as a recognised time served tradesman.

Leave school at 16 and time served with a descent co by 21 would Lilly beat any bit of paper

Customers!

I got the best training when I was 17 years old.

I worked under a guy that was 50.

I was not allowed out a loft untill every cable was clipped by his way and if not done right I would start again.

For weeks it was tough then one day "fit that panel young un"

I knew from then that I had been accepted into the team.

Yep.

Got the T Shirt.

The above teaches you how.

Courses used to teach you why. Sadly, most courses these days don't - they're just a numbers exercise for the relevant colleges to earn money through student fees.

Working under someone also risks their bad habits imo

So what do you suggest then, go out on their own from day one and invent their own bad habits?

Someone told me I was ignorant and apathetic, I don't know what that means, nor do I care.

Strange bit about habits Yesterday I was on site capping cables and the sparkle said I was nailing it wrong, I nail into the lip he said the nail should catch the lip? The Peter James said I use my side cutters the wrong way round?

Customers!

Strange bit about habits Yesterday I was on site capping cables and the sparkle said I was nailing it wrong, I nail into the lip he said the nail should catch the lip? The Peter James said I use my side cutters the wrong way round?

i'm not sure there is a right or wrong way to nail capping but i also nail through the lip (otherwise it might slip out wouldn't it?)..

Archived