Security Installer Community

2 Keyholder Requirement An Issue - Any Advice?

THX

As suggested you could use the keyholding firm as number 1 Keyholder then your other as number 2. The police will check the distance etc involved.

Plus if you think about it, if the police attend and it's genuine and get called away after the stated 20 mins and no-one has turned up. The burglars could still be inside as the police had no access, or your building would be left insecure. It's essential you have 2 and imo for the right reasons.

So, the pathetically useless plod don't investigate/check out the situation when (at some theoretical point) they do actually turn up?

Seems a strange condition tbh

the people that live in the house can't be keyholders but yet they live the closest. The alarm will only go off to confirmed if they are out, which apart from holidays won't most times be far away.

If both are at work or out visiting, with mobile phones they can still be contacted most anehere, so can call anyone they know with keys available to attend.

Unless things have changed, when did police ever wait 20 minutes? usually it's a quick look, no sign of entry and off to the nick for tea and doughnuts

Just don't seem joined up thinking - well to me least :).

Arfur

No, but hey, it's a nice little revenue stream. Signalling path maybe robust (ish) but beyond that nothing else is really.

So, the pathetically useless plod don't investigate/check out the situation when (at some theoretical point) they do actually turn up?

No, but hey, it's a nice little revenue stream. Signalling path maybe robust (ish) but beyond that nothing else is really.

In my experience, whenever we've had a verified alarm or personal attack activation the old bill have been there fast and if no-one on site have stayed until a keyholder arrived.

PM me for access to the SSAIB members discussion area.

In my experience, whenever we've had a verified alarm or personal attack activation the old bill have been there fast and if no-one on site have stayed until a keyholder arrived.

Personally had them turn up within 5 mins of a phone call at 4.00am. Very keen, but then they knew they wouldn't have to catch anyone - culprits already gone. They even hung about afterwards - until their shift finished (their words).

However, when a robbery against the person was taking place, twas reported as such but they said they were "a bit busy at the moment".

much as it pains me to say, my local dibble attended within minutes of confirm & waited for the key holder to attend an incident on the 26th, (breaking though barred window in roof valley) sub said "armed police in an X5 c/w tasers big enough to bring down a pikey on a horse!"

as with anything in life it depends on the employee & the work load. Your URN may bring "armed ********" to quote gene hunt or 5ft wpc on a push bike within minutes, hrs or nothing at all.

Mobile security patrols again may have to lock up a site before attending yours,

Keyholders may switch the phone off, be on holiday or too pished to attend.

Monitored alarms do catch people in the act, but mostly limit the amount stolen & allow you to secure premises promptly

Mr th2.jpg Veritas God

QFA

Since the introduction of verification, we have seen much faster response times and vigilance by the Police in comparison to the days on non verification and every activation was assumed false

The police will check the distance etc involved.

lol, and how will they do this, they no longer require the key holders details so ican't see how they would know?

Not that it shouldn't be adhered to, but i fail to see how they can check.

much as it pains me to say, my local dibble attended within minutes of confirm & waited for the key holder to attend an incident on the 26th, (breaking though barred window in roof valley) sub said "armed police in an X5 c/w tasers big enough to bring down a pikey on a horse!"

as with anything in life it depends on the employee & the work load. Your URN may bring "armed ********" to quote gene hunt or 5ft wpc on a push bike within minutes, hrs or nothing at all.

Mobile security patrols again may have to lock up a site before attending yours,

Keyholders may switch the phone off, be on holiday or too pished to attend.

Monitored alarms do catch people in the act, but mostly limit the amount stolen & allow you to secure premises promptly

QFA

PS: lol at pikey on a horse

In my area Mr Plod started asking for keyholder details on new URN's and rang them to check their distance and availability ...... but it was pointed out to them by me and others that they were breaking ACPO rules in doing this and they've abandoned the practice.

So we have returned to the previous arrangement, as per ACPO rules, whereby us and the customer are responsible for arranging 2 viable keyholders.

I understand it, there is no encumbrance on the Police to attend an automatic alarm call at all, they can decide to ignore.

While I'd think it rare, it is theit decision and worth while pointing out.

Arfur

If you think education is difficult, try being stupid!!!!

I understand it, there is no encumbrance on the Police to attend an automatic alarm call at all, they can decide to ignore.

While I'd think it rare, it is theit decision and worth while pointing out.

Arfur

They can decide whether to attend or not with all calls, automatic, 999, personal or whatever. There is no difference ..... but they know that we can monitor their response times to our alarms so it keeps them on their toes.

Archived