Security Installer Community

2 Keyholder Requirement An Issue - Any Advice?

THX

Hi All

Apologies in advance for this very newbie question.

My wife and I will be moving into a brand new house in March which has already been fully wired and made ready for an alarm system to be installed. (Shame the developer couldn’t include one in the deal, but it may have ended up being a really cr*p one and besides we did end up getting a gooood reduction on the asking price) We would like a fully Monitored alarm service and maybe including fire as well e.g. ADT, ABEL, SECOM...

One issue that we do have is the Keyholder stipulations required by the big providers requiring 2 people within a 20 minute distance. We only have one person that fits that requirement, leaving us a gap for the second Keyholder.

Any suggestions on getting around this one?

Many thanks;

HI it's a Police requirement, not a company one, All company's should be asking the same.

You could also get chatting to a new neighnour and offer to swap keys (before the houswarming party!)

Nothing is foolproof to a sufficiently talented fool.

whichever 'badge', if you do go for an installer you don't know the track record of then your better off going with one sporting at least one of the above badges, and i speak as an installer who is not a registerd company with any governing body.

i'd suggest get several estimates, but don't give any salesman the script from another, they are all paid to design sell and also exsplain clearly, by not giving anyone a 'heads up' you will be better able to decide who is the better informed and caring of the batch.

Arfur

If you think education is difficult, try being stupid!!!!

whichever 'badge', if you do go for an installer you don't know the track record of then your better off going with one sporting at least one of the above badges, and i speak as an installer who is not a registerd company with any governing body.

i'd suggest get several estimates, but don't give any salesman the script from another, they are all paid to design sell and also exsplain clearly, by not giving anyone a 'heads up' you will be better able to decide who is the better informed and caring of the batch.

Arfur

Something Arfur would never of said 5 years ago, Im almost lost for words

Im not knocking the nationals here, but you should get at least one non national quote, and most of us who are providing this advice have worked for at least one national

Archived