Security Installer Community

New Dvla Rule

A-G

I have paid a parking fine in 29 pence cheques, they cashed them all but at the time the cost would have been 30 pence per cheque.

Told ya, an expert!

I have paid a parking fine in 29 pence cheques, they cashed them all but at the time the cost would have been 30 pence per cheque.

fair play norman B))

"If you carry your childhood with you, you never become old. Why rush to end life when happiness is in the blissfulness of childhood innocence."

"We all die, the goal isn't to live forever, the goal is to create something that will."

I also received a fine from DVLA about 6 months ago for not telling them I changed cars (I traded in @ a Vauxhall dealer, did send off the ticket they never received it but apparently it was my fault for not acting when they never sent me written confirmation!!) I disputed the fine and again sent 29 pence cheques with a brief moaning letter. They have never cashed them.

Nothing is foolproof to a sufficiently talented fool.

I also received a fine from DVLA about 6 months ago for not telling them I changed cars (I traded in @ a Vauxhall dealer, did send off the ticket they never received it but apparently it was my fault for not acting when they never sent me written confirmation!!) I disputed the fine and again sent 29 pence cheques with a brief moaning letter. They have never cashed them.

LOL

Fantastic

Hey Ho, Lets Go

They're too busy raking in the £6 million a year from the parking scammers - £2.50 a pop for giving out your details.

Well, I looked on Pepipoo for advice and the fine was onerous to say the least. Borderline scam from DVLA reading the legal implications of the fines they are sending out.

Nothing is foolproof to a sufficiently talented fool.

Well, I looked on Pepipoo for advice and the fine was onerous to say the least. Borderline scam from DVLA reading the legal implications of the fines they are sending out.

I got caught out on the DVLA scam after I went to the local DVLA office to change my private plate over and tell them Id sold the Jag and purchased another car which I wanted the plate on. They advised me not to send the log book back until the plates transfer letter comes through, apparently it plays havock with their computer system, in the mean time the Jag got sold on the forcourt and the new owner informed DVLA he was the new owner (Ive no idea how the garage sold it without new plates?) so I get the plate transfer letter then a week later get a fine letter, I complained but it didnt get me anywhere, Ill remember the 29p trick from now on.

Archived