Security Installer Community

New Dvla Rule

A-G

This won't effect most people, but it will in some cases....

DVLA have just introduced a new rule to cut down on the number of uninsured vehicles on the roads. From this month it's a legal requirement to have insurance for any vehicle which is taxed even if it's not being used on the roads. Initially they will send a notice to anyone infriging this new rule with a £100 fine if no action is taken.

They're going to add the MOT to this arrangement at a later date ..... so every vehicle will be either SORN or taxed, insured and MOT'd. So hopefully most illegal vehicles will be removed from the road and then the Police will be able to concentrate on what they prefer to do ..... trying to catch the rest of us speeding! :angry2:

PM me for access to the SSAIB members discussion area.

I take it I detect a note of sarcasm in your last paragraph in relation to illegal vehicles??

No, all vehicles should be legal ...... I just don't like the old bill stopping me every time they get half a chance. "Do you knbow the speed limit?" .... "That overtake was rather dangerous" and such nonsense.

PM me for access to the SSAIB members discussion area.

they police by consent, you & I get caught being a naughty boy & after we've paid the fine we make an effort not to get nicked or do the same (driving) offense.

For repeat Drunks, disqualified & joy riders don't they end up having an asbo to discourge from doing so again as they don't give a stuff ?

Mr th2.jpg Veritas God

Archived