Everything posted by james.wilson
-
Upgrade
We have had a rather large upgrade, some new features but mainly security. Let me know if you have any issues. James
-
Wyze server caching issue allowed people to view other cameras.
Depends how easy it is. If burglar b can Google if his/her/it's target is out of the property id say its likely to happen. Have you looked at the tools available on github just to break into stuff. I used one recently to get into a router mate of mine had forgot the password etc. Took very little time or effort
-
Wyze server caching issue allowed people to view other cameras.
I wonder how long it will be till these exploits are used to break in to places because ilthe cctv will show what time people leave and that the place is empty etc
-
Logic 4 external bell replacement
Looks like neg tamp return then
-
Logic 4 external bell replacement
I should add if they want the outside bit renewed should they not renew everything? Bearing in mind it's not just the outside bit that makes the outside bit cause the complaints I'm guessing late 80s on the panel?
-
Logic 4 external bell replacement
I'd need to see them what's the choices. Never installed a logic4 my dad's era and I'm old but is it neg or pos tamp return?
-
Greetings from Australia
Yeah
-
Greetings from Australia
Yes a daisy chain the resistors at each end. However if the runs are short they won't be needed
-
Hello from Glasgow
Hello and welcome
-
[Split - Hiya, just saw this site...] The Perfect Panel?
Mock the week or Scottish comedian fan?
-
[Split - Hiya, just saw this site...] The Perfect Panel?
Pastels
-
[Split - Hiya, just saw this site...] The Perfect Panel?
A panel that can be mounted any way up. Rs the domestic market. No proper manufacturer is that interested because that market wants to pay 20 quid for a panel. Where focus should shift imo is home automation and desirable looking keypads Why mqtt isn't standard I'll never kbow
-
[Split - Hiya, just saw this site...] The Perfect Panel?
I'd suggest you start a perfect 2 panel garage thread. There's lots I like about the old castle panels that was moved over but no one has yet in mine or anyone's opinion the perfect panel. Yours would be interesting
-
Scantronic 9651 Internal Sounder when Unset
Glad youve sorted it. It still needs looking after servicing etc even if you do it yourself
-
ADT woes
Also bear in mind you could be comparing an a1 to an a8. Few audi a8 owners would be happy with an a1
-
ADT woes
Agreed with the above but I'm sure they would come out and default it completely or offer to do it foc if you tale it to them. Also if your not happy with adt why would you want their programming. All systems should be reprogrammed from scratch when the. New support company takes over
-
Mr
I wonder if some companies choose this brand as its cheaper and will generate revenue in time. Be a terrible product for those that usually offer a comprehensive main / support contract
-
Mr
So it's powered down now?
-
Scantronic 9651 Internal Sounder when Unset
this is the way to go
-
Greetings from Australia
you will need a relay as norm or common the negs
-
Greetings from Australia
arr you powering the bell seperate to the rio?
-
Scantronic 9651 Internal Sounder when Unset
you will need to program output 3 as something other than open/close set/unset. Dont know the 9651 but it will probably have an internal bell or bell output type
-
Scantronic 9651 Internal Sounder when Unset
Agreed bet it's a horrible sound bomb type thing connected to an output programmed as open closed rather than bell
-
Bending Springs or Device for Aluminium Security Conduit
I used to use a bending spring years ago but it won't work on it now as the walls are too thin
-
Pyronix Enforcer suddenly stops "alarming"
Anything apart from pyronix and risco